Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Carrying bikes without a tow bar - and not using the roof?

I'm halfway through my PCP, and we've just got into cycling as the kids have gotten old enough. Would ideally love a way to carry two adult and two child mountain bikes on my D5, but I don't want the cost of a tow bar when the car will likely be going back in 18 months.

Are there any bike carriers on the market for the rear of a D5 which don't require a tow bar?

Not a fan of trying to put stuff on the roof... And I didn't spec and roof bars anyway...

I'm guessing the answer is no as I tried some searching myself, but just asking on the off chance!?!?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • joness7
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

You could try something like this:
    https://www.thule.com/en-gb/bike-rack/trun...2-_-973002

but it doesn't specifically fit the D5 though I'm sure you could make it fit.

I also wouldn't want to dangle 4 bikes off the rear door......

2019 D5 SdV6 SE Anniversary black/black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum