Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• budd3n
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Santorini Black

Boot - Opening height

Hi All,

Apologies but i'm new here and this is my first disco, this might have been covered but i can't find it.

I managed to set my boot opening height to the hight i'd like when i open the boot via the button on the tailgate however, when i use the key fob or wiggle my foot under the bumper it only opens to about 30cm wide? I've tried manually lifting it and try to set it correct again but always reverts back to opening 30cm (apart from when i use the tailgate button)

I'm assuming i'm doing something wrong? Any advice?

Thanks!
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

As far as I know, once you have 're-positioned' the boot lid manually, it should stay at that opening height From the manual...

TAILGATE OPENING HEIGHT
    The maximum opening height for the tailgate can be set as required. Setting a maximum height is useful in parking areas with very low roofs, or just for ease of use.

To set the maximum opening height:
    Open the tailgate to the position required as the maximum height. Press any tailgate release button to stop movement at the required position. The final position can be achieved manually, if required.
    Make sure the tailgate is stationary for at least 3 seconds.
    Press and hold the tailgate close button to set the required opening height. A long tone sounds as confirmation.

NOTES
    If the tailgate closes automatically, the required height has not been set. Repeat the process, making sure that all steps are adhered to.

Press the tailgate button to close the tailgate. Open the tailgate again to check that it opens to the required height.

Repeat the process to reset the maximum opening height. When the tailgate reaches its current programmed height, manually move it to the fully open position. Press and hold the tailgate release button.

The tailgate may lose its position memory if there are multiple object detections, or if the battery voltage is low. Powered operation may also be inhibited.

To reset the tailgate:

Manually close the tailgate.
    Press the tailgate release button.
    Allow the tailgate to fully open or open to the previously set position.
    Press and release the tailgate release button.
    Allow the tailgate to power-close fully. The tailgate's programmed memory is restored.

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Hi budd3n,

Did you manage to find a fix to your issue? Our boot is now also doing the same and only opening by 30cm??
  • budd3n
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Santorini Black

I didn’t as it’s random started working correctly.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum