Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Spec Choice - Landmark 3.0 SDV6

So a new Landmark is looking financially do-able.

Checked one out at my local dealer on Sat and I'm happy enough with the "cheap seats." Infact, I think I prefer the matt plastic interior trim to the glossy black stuff. Seems to fit with the utilititarian style of the car in general plus I won't have to worry so much about sticky little finger prints and scratches (3 kids in tow).

Spec-wise I'm looking at the following:

Indus
    22" 5011 wheels in silver
    Black roof rails
    Black headlining
    360 camera
    Interactive driver display
    Heated steering wheel
    Detachable towbar

This will be a family car and will be used on road 99% of the time.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Last edited by Dohnut on 15th Jun 2020 4:00 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Wouldn’t go for 22” wheels if you are going over anything but very smooth road.

A plus with the heated steering wheel and tow bar, but the rest of it... and I’ve got most of the other stuff, i wouldn’t get again, including the black headlining. Each to their own.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Side steps if you have young kids Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Fair comment but I'm particular sensitve to small wheel syndrome. Basically I'm a bit of a wheel diva!

Also, coming from an Audi with granite for suspension and rubber bands for tyres I'm sure it'll still be an improvement.

I've got a test-drive lined up for this coming weekend so it'll be interesting to see what I get and how it rides.

Last edited by Dohnut on 15th Jun 2020 4:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Side steps if you have young kids Thumbs Up

Good point - hadn't considered those.

Edit: At £1,141 they seem pricey when compared to the £195 Powerful UK charge for retro fit items. Would obviously have to fit myself though but it looks straightforward enough.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I don’t know how this compares on a Landmark, but check out the packs versus individual options. On the HSE Lux, adding the HUD via the tech pack means that adaptive lights come as well - for far less than speccing the two separately.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

does it come with LED headlights? If not these are a must have.

wish mine had the black headlining just to be different

and plus one for the sidesteps - I hated them on cars till this one as it keeps your trousers clean!

mines got that fancy covering stuff on the windscreen which seems to be a good idea and the awesome stereo which again is a must
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

On Landmark, for me, the packs don't make financial sense. Of the 5 packs available only 2 contain 1 item on my spec list - 360 camera.

Yes the Landmark has LED headlights just not the adaptive ones.

In other news I saw a Silicon silver disco yesterday, confirmed my initial thoughts on it being my favourite colour but at an additional £835 over Indus silver... well you have to draw the line somewhere.

Also, I think Silicon looks best with the 5025 style wheels but they aren't available on the Landmark, not in 22" guise at least. They are available in 21"s (called 5085 style) and cost the same as the bigger 5011 style wheels, so you get less wheel for your money.

Decisions, decisions!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Ah, I see. On the HSE Lux, the HUD is £1080 and the Technology Plus Pack is £1150. Meaning that the Adaptive Lights and Solar Attenuating windscreen only cost £70 (for those of us that want a HUD).

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Update... I'm now thinking Silicon with Acorn seats as opposed to Indus with Ebony.

Last 4 cars have had balck interiors and I fancy a change. Just not sure the light leather is a sensible choice with 3 kids between 6 and 9.
  • Rstebbings
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I had a very light cream leather in my D4 - nightmare for jean stains, but Im told Scotchgard them would of fixed this before hand

MY20 D5 HSE Lux - Carpathian Grey
    MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Plan to get the car professionally detailed upon collection which will include having the interior protected but as an habitual wearer of denim I hear what you’re saying.

I'm sure I read somewhere that baby wipes are pretty effective at removing denim transfer. Might be a load of bull but...
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Dr Leather wipes are great. Use monthly and all the Jean dye comes off easily.

• Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Good to know. Thanks!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum