Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Reverse and forward parking sensors.

Does anyone have a quick dummy's guide of how too reactivate the parking sensors.
    Somehow they have all become inactivated front rear and sides.
    Am pressing the infotainment screen and would get a flashing orange bar icon on the bottom left.
    Now the icon wont flash - seems its gone into an offline mode as the icon is now a different colour.
    Also another icon on the right hand side which has also gone a different colour and cant be accessed.
    Not had time too look at the manual yet, so a quick fix is well appreciated.
    Tried holding down the icon for 5 secs but still nothing.
    The setup on the D4 with regards too sensors was alot easier imo Big Cry
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Still cant get too the bottom of the parking sensors being reactivated. (front, side or rear).

Been through the manual, online, and on the forum getting a few tips, but still wont work. Sad

Cars booked in for 3 weeks time, (quickest they can supply a courtesy car as it will be in all day).

Now saying forward traffic detection is not working either ??

Only thing i can think off is that when they fitted the tow bar, they disabled them, and forgot too do an update as such, too renable them, or forgot too replug the sensors if they were unplugged ??

Does anyone know what side the wiring loom is for the sensors and also for the trailer electrics ??

I may have a go at plugging and unplugging the loom, just too see if it resets the sensors or if they forgot too plug them in ???

If its not a fault, ie something has been switched off they are charging £165, i think they quoted the Mrs. Shocked

She did explain that towbar was fitted at the LR dealership, so if they forgot too reset/ plug them in, then how will we be liable too pay for it if was the dealers mistake ?? - A bit hard too prove and i would rather have a look too see if it is just a case of plugging the sensors back in, a 5 sec job rather than paying the garage too do the same. Big Cry
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Does anyone know if the front and rear sensors can be deactivated / activated via the infotainment system or by the press of a button somewhere??

Am beginning too suspect there is a fault somewhere. Spent ages yesterday fiddling with the settings, but too no avail Crying or Very sad
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I've looked through the Topix files and can't find anything for manual resetting.... suggest you call into the dealers Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks DG.

Going too the dealers on the 23rd. Saying they will charge me if not a fault, if you look at my previous post.

Hesitant too start rooting about popping panels off. I just hope it's not a loose connection and they don't end up charging me for it, just too pop it back in.

Is there a way of unmuting the beeps as they may be muted??

Cheers Thumbs Up
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Can't see how to disable

Not sure why they should charge you ...if they are not working then that is a warranty issue
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes my thoughts exactly.
    Oh well I can't be bothered wasting more evenings fiddling about. Will let them sort it out.

Thanks Wink
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

This is still under warranty so there should be no charge, I cannot see any way they can be turned off or disabled on the screen or by anything you can do, have you checked the fuses?
    If it can be turned off by the screen this should have been covered under the hand over and as such again there should be no fault.
    sounds to me like dealer cocked up and rying to cover their mistake and costs by you paying.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Russell. Thumbs Up

I am just wanting too make 100% sure that i have not inadvertantly switched them off via the infotainment system settings, as i never read the handbook prior too messing about, plus i cant find anything about disabling them.

Nope i have not checked the fuse as everything else is working fine- hopefully its the fuse then as am not wanting them too be stripping it and leaving loose panels and broken clips. Will have a look tonight.

The dealer i purchased from is miles away and i have emailed them too see if they can shed any light on the situation. Still awaiting a reply. (Mate said it may be possible they were disabled when fitting the towbar and they forgot too plug connector back in or reflash the software, afterwards) ??
    I have queried the dealer too ask if the sensors were touched during fitting the towbar??

It was the local dealer who said there may be a charge if its not warranty related. Hence i just wanted too make sure its nothing i have done and garage charges me for it Rolling Eyes

I will put up photos tonight of what is on the screen.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

If they say it is not a warrant issue would be intrested to see what they say it is, we can all then look and see if that is correct, if it is down to tow bar fitting and they confirm that then the supplying dealer should foot the bill in my view as it was them who cocked up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Exactly, hence i have emailed the dealer as i have informed them that i wont be happy if i have too foot the bill.
  • J77
    Scotland 

If there’s a fault there should be a single tone when reverse selected.

Sounds like something’s been done or hasn’t been done that should’ve whilst the towbar was getting fitted.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Nothing at all J77, no tone am afraid.

I was thinking i somehow muted it by mistake. Tried putting it into reverse and increasing the volume on the steering wheel but nothing, as someone suggested.

Yes the yellow reversing guide lines are there, but not audio beeps.

Something is not right. The towbar thing is just a suggestion by a collegue, as they had a similar issue with their car, and thats what happened.(not a LR though).

The parking sensor icon goes white and an orange flash a few times and then turns dull. Another icon is dull all the time and the roof icon has a muted symbol on it, red circle with an arrow through it.

I will take photos tonight, so that you can see what i mean.

No doubt some genius on here will know what has happened and make me look like a right novice Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Upon car start up the P icon is white as above.

Upon engaging reverse the orange light flashes 5 or 6 times.

After flashing the icon goes from white too grey??

Also getting this icon on the ariel view. (Apologies i mistakenly said it was a red circle with a line through it yesterday). Tried pressing icon but nothing.

Bottom left of screen this icon under the camera always remains grey. Never lights up white like the other icons.??

Finally the speaker icon under the trailer icon is always muted. I cannot get this too unmute. Tried pressing for a good 10 seconds.

Hence why I was asking if there is a way of unmuting the sensors, or increasing their volume as I think this is what the issue is ?? Crying or Very sad

If any boffin can help, beer tokens are awaiting 🍻 Laughing
    Probably something really simple I have overlooked Rolling Eyes
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just this morning - whilst checking the engine oil level (engine switched off) i tried pressing the P icon for the sensors, only too be greeted with a - Park Assist Not Available message. Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 9th May 2018 10:57 pm. Edited 3 times in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum