Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

Middle row not folding flat

Before I raise this to the dealer, can I check there’s no trick to doing this and that they should both fold flat using the switches in the boot?
  • Craigp
    England 

Only done it once since picking up my new car but it did look a little disappointing to how flat it was. Certainly didn't seem to lay as low as my 2017 model but that was manual as opposed to electric. I will try and take a picture later on.
  • Wildrnes
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 First Edition Namib Orange

how old is your car? mine folds flat (2017)
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

Brand new. And the left side doesn’t fold as far as the right side either
  • Wildrnes
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 First Edition Namib Orange

i would be talking to dealer

also when you are in the stealership make sure you test the seats in the showroom...
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I’m on it
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Assuming the seat belts are undone, nothing on the seats and the headrests aren’t fouling the front seats?………

This happened on mine when I first got it. From memory it was down to the position sensor setting. For the life of me I cannot remember how I fixed it …..but I did.

I am now having the reverse problem. The single seat goes back upright fully and then moves forward of the other pair by an inch or so. I am guessing that it too is a repositioned sensor setting ….but as I can’t remember how I fixed it going right down I cannot fix it not going fully back (apart from brief pulses on the switch to nudge it back.)
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Middle row of seats is slightly raised on face-lift to improve comfort, might be why they don't fold completely flat like pre face-lift. Seem to recall someone else raised this issue as well.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Slightly raised on the facelift? Interesting... Wonder if this gives a fraction more leg room?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Craigp
    England 

So not very flat. But obviously as flat as it can go. The back is tight up against the seat.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Have you tried holding the switch down, as this will force the seats down a touch more.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:

So not very flat. But obviously as flat as it can go. The back is tight up against the seat.

I know you said it was tight on the seat but have you tried the recline lever on the side to see if the seat is semi reclined? Also have you slide the seats further forward? Mine goes down flatter than that photo but the head restraints are closer to the backs of the front seats
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Wolfpack I wasn't the originator of the query just trying to be helpful. I've sort of excepted that that's as good as it gets. Waiting for Molesworth to come back Whistle
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Oops Laughing
  • dc130.john
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Had this on my 21MY. When I looked, the near side middle row headrest was not folding enough and causing the seat to stop folding. I pushed it in and all ok.👍
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum