Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RussL
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

drivers side 2nd row seat back won't drop

Has anyone had issues trying to fold the seat back down behind the drivers seat ? So when you pull the release (manual not powered) the seat back moves forward about 3 to 4 inches then stops and whatever I have tried it will not move past that position ,although it does go back to its normal position. The whole seat slides forward to allow 3rd row entry but again the seat back only moves slightly, the twin seats on the other side are working correctly. Any ideas before I go to the local stealers under warranty ? Thanks Guys
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

RussL, are you using the button at top of seat or lever on side of base? Pressing button on top of backrest will tilt backrest fwd a few inches and allow you to push whole assembly fwd, to lower the backrest completely you need to lift the lever up which is on the seat base side, this should then let you fold the complete backrest down flat. If that doesn't work, its back to dealers I'm afraid.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • RussL
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Hi Trevor, your advise was spot on thanks I was finally able to lower that pesky seat back. Not sure what LR were up to though with the design of this one ! On my D4 if you wanted to lower all the 2nd row you could do so from the back as well as either side by leaning over. Having to drop the seat using 2 levers does seem a little too over specified. Thanks again
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum