Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

I've got say the dealers have been excellent fixing problems with damage components, sealant problems around the windscreen, poor quality leather. Perhaps I could use that stance to stay with the brand I need a brilliant deal because the build quality want keep me.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I think that there should be an angle for a decent deal there Chalkey. Warranty work is, I guess, a winner for the dealership. Although a separate cost centre to sales.

It’s all about getting the right dealer at the right time in their target cycle, though. In the case of BMW, I never get close to a decent deal with my local dealer as they seem to sell all they need.

Carwow, coast2coast and drive the deal all provide an easy way to get the ballpark figures for a good deal. It’s then about working out which dealers will improve it further. And you might find you get a better overall deal by separating your trade in. Stick it on wizzle and you might be surprised at the offers some dealer groups come up with. I sold my 440i to a BMW dealer, for thousands more than it was worth against either a X5 or D5/RRS.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Chalkey wrote:
    I've got say the dealers have been excellent fixing problems with damage components, sealant problems around the windscreen, poor quality leather. Perhaps I could use that stance to stay with the brand I need a brilliant deal because the build quality want keep me.

Would your car be a British made model or Slavakia?
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

It's a 67 reg so I think it's uk build, its 3 years old September 6th that's when the fun starts. The first sign of a problem it's going.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum