Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Telstone
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

2.0l replacement engine

I have a 2017 HSE 2.0L That’s done 41k miles and needs a replacement engine - has anyone else had to have a engine replacement ??

And apparently no engines are available at this point .

Thanks in advance
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

What has happened to the engine is it under warranty?
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

United Kingdom 2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black
    New engine needed

2017 2.0 HSE - 41k miles .

Started with engine noise - muffled load noise, then had a loss of power just entering a busy roundabout it then cleared itself , a few miles down the road noise came back but power was ok by the time I got home all was ok. Car booked in for service on the 9th of October

Rang the dealer I was told to call assist
    - called assist sent the AA out
    - plugged the car in - no faults recorded
    - AA took the car for a test drive no issues until parked out side home noise returned.
    - couldn’t find issue told should be ok until Service. After a long discussion the engineer said he would report that the car needed up lifting.

- the following day I called the dealer to explain - told to call assist number
    - called assist - no call out recorded
    - 2nd call still no record
    - called dealer couldn’t help
    -3rd call to assist found call out - AA report no further action - car booked in for serve on the 9th
    - called dealer - still no help
    - 4th call to assist eventually agreed that the car would be uplifted after talking to the AA engineer
    - Car collected from home this afternoon.

Just received a email with a video off the car inspection that I shouldn't of received - could not understand what they were telling me - Called the dealer asked what was the video I had just received was told it was meant for Landrover to authorise a new engine- told they would call me later today with detail.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

User whited3 is also waiting for a replacement 2L engine.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

There has been quite a few 2l engines needing replaced. Higher ratio compared to the 3l.

Could it be that the 2.0l is struggling and straining to cope with the sheer size and weight of the car?

The salesman told me that it was best too avoid the 2l engine. You be mad to pay all that money he said for a small engine.

Mind you I suppose its pot luck. Any engine be it a big or small one can fail.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Different to what I was told when I purchased -and to be honest I have looked on a number of forums and not seen a great deal of issues .

As for the 2l struggling I have not noticed or had any issues even when towing a caravan - maybe I’m trying to convince myself - I’m assuming with the new engine comes a warranty with it ? 3years ?
    Maybe its time to change vehicle -don’t know! anyway very disappointed with what’s happened and the service / coms from the dealer.

Thanks
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Any engine can fail. The figures for both the 2lt and 3lt aren’t significant, nor compared to other makes and models of cars.

Out of curiosity I put in my D5 for an all bells, uncapped labour, 3 year Warranty Direct quote, deferred until it was 3 years old and it came out at roughly £1,500.

If I were to keep the car, I’d go for that tbh.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Telstone, I do feel sorry for you and the rest who are awaiting engine replacements. It doesn't help if the garage is unsympathetic either.

If its any consolation, our new F.E. 3l broke down with only 125 miles on the clock on the way back home from picking it up from the dealer.

Smoke was billowing out the engine bay. Car was rejected within a month as the same issue reoccurred another 2 times, even after LR said no fault was found.

I have driven with the 2l, but after coming from a 3l TD6, I did feel towing the big trailer full of logs uphill, it was struggling in comparison, maxxed out at 3.5 tonnes.

I had a chance too drive the 3l SD6 last year and it was an absolutely peach of an engine. Alot more grunt than the TD6. I think they have nailed it with the SD6.

Come replacement time it will be the SD6, or possibly the hybrid, if we decide to stay with the brand.

No issues touchwood with the 3l Si6 engine either, and I regularly tow with it as well on a weekly basis.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum