Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Auto Wipers All over the place

I wonder if anyone has experienced this ? I am on my third LR Discovery, a 4 and two 5's. My latest is 2019 SDV6 HSE Lux. All had / have auto wipers.

The auto wipers basically work fine(ish) on the adjustable intermediate setting wiping when the rain is light, but once the rain gets more they begin wiping at a constant pace but just get faster and faster until they are wiping so fast I have to put them on manually to the slower constant wipe setting.

Unlike my last wipers which wipe at the lower setting unless the rain is really lashing down before going faster, these ones just take off until they are flat out ! even when the rain is just enough for there to be a constant low speed wipe requirement.

The MRS videoed it the other day when raining it almost needs some Benny Hill Music to go with it ! Rolling with laughter

Anyone else have this ? And thoughts on the issue ?

Cheers,

2019 HSE LUX
  • SteveH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Yes... my 2019 SDV6 HSE Lux is doing exactly the same. I had the dreaded leaking windscreen replaced at the start of the year and since I haven't really driven it much over the last few months wondered if that may have caused it...not sure if there's a recalibration which may have been missed,...
    Mines back in the dealer at the end of the month at Land Rover Technical's request to investigate it's fear of car washes, so going to get them to check the wipers then...

2019 SDV6 HSE Lux...gone
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

Ah ha ! its very hard to replicate in the dealer so they just fob you off, but lucky in the rain on Saturday was able to get the Mrs to video it...they were going so fast I thought they where going to fly off !!

My last Disco was fine, but this one has the speed sensitive bit which i suspect is part of the problem, over complicated and necessary..at the Dealer on Friday, so will report back

2019 HSE LUX
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Had the same and I normally put it on manual too. Slightly annoying, but not enough to put it back to the dealer.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Exactly the same issue.

Very annoying when the wipers are suddenly at warp speed in light drizzle. I suspect the "raindrop" counting algorithm on the windscreen rain sensor needs re-writing.

I find using the screen wash does settle the wipers for a few minutes before they are at max speed again.

I did wonder if one of the windscreen dispersants ?rain-x? might help but haven't tried it.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

I hate all auto wipers, they are never set right for me. Not had a car fitted with them that I have ever got in with.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Mine seem OK 99% of the time. Sometimes a bit slow to get going, but fine once they start.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The only blip I have ever had with mine was resolved by thouroughly wiping the screen around area of sensors. Although it looked clean, there were some tiny insect impact marks. One of those areas hard to reach without standing on something, even at 6'4.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

Thanks everyone, very interesting I think it is linked to the speed sensor, as below 10mph everything is normal and above everything is warp speed !

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum