Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

D5

I finally picked up my D5 from Nelson Lancashire today and had a lovely drive back to Mid Wales.

• John C
    United Kingdom 

Superb - congrats - you will love it!!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Fitting some mud flaps tomorrow .
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Brill, well done, enjoy...
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Now fitted the mud flaps.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looking good Bigcol66 đź‘Ť
    Did you have to drill holes in the bumper for the rears, or are they aftermarket ones which require no drilling?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Keep thinking about mudflaps, but can’t work out if the matt finish will look odd with the gloss black pack...

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Looking good Bigcol66 đź‘Ť
    Did you have to drill holes in the bumper for the rears, or are they aftermarket ones which require no drilling?

Yes we had to drill a hole for the rears. But they are a good strong fit.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

đź‘Ť

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

John C wrote:
    Keep thinking about mudflaps, but can’t work out if the matt finish will look odd with the gloss black pack...

John C, the cars Santorni black with the black pack as well. No issues with the matt black flaps. Tbh I have never seen gloss black colour coded flaps ever on a car.

I did see a Fl2 which was white with gloss white flaps. Looked well tacky too me, not to mention the flaking off paint due to the stone chips.

If it bothers you that much, just do what I do after washing the car. Just spray on a bit of the back too black bumper restorer on the flaps or the black wet look glossy tyre restorer. I always apply this too the tyres and flaps after a wash as both look faded after washing. Nice n shiny then Thumbs Up

• gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Nice one mate.

Looks at home on the farm

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Good work Col. I might have lost track a bit between threads and you almost jumping into a Defender (iirc?). What did you get in the end?

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Hi Equilibrium. Yes I did nearly buy a Defender which the dealer had in stock but cancelled as I thought a year old D5 was better value and also buying a Defender would be a bit of a retrograde step. As it turned out a week or so later it was announced that Land Rover were replacing the 4 cylinder engine with a 6, so I think I did the right thing.
    Well I have bought a August 19 D5 sdv6 hse Lux which has the black pack Driver assist pack and deployable towbar.
    First impressions are that it is lovely to drive especially motorway driving with the lane assist etc. Just got to get used to the software.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That’s great Col, of course now I remember that you were looking to establish the MY of your car.

They are wonderful vehicles and the SV6 is a bit of a game changer IMHO, in terms of being a perfect match with the laid back nature of the car. The way it effortlessly muscles it along is supremely relaxing.

I love the look of the new Defender, but the fact that it had to be a four, unless spending £80k+ on a petrol six, meant that I didn’t seriously consider it when ordering my car earlier in the year. You’ve had a reasonable escape by not getting locked into one just before the change. Bit of a poor show by LR to do that to early adopters.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum