Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Explore_all_4_corners
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

New Purchase but off road questions

Hi All,

Had Land rovers a lot, sold my D3 and went to VW Amarok but now I am back with a 2019 HSE Commercial.

I don't do a lot of hard core off roading but around farms etc and have a few questions if you can all help.

1. Has anyone used the Wild Bear 4x4 rock sliders? I am thinking of getting them instead of steps as duel purpose?
    2. Recovery Points! I have a fixed rear tow bar - fine but at the front!!!!!! does anyone make anything that can permanently stick out below the tray? Hopefully picture of something similar to what I am on about attached.

Otherwise keen to see peoples mods.

Thanks

Nick

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Those Wildbear sliders look nice - good coverage on the tree bars and vastly cheaper than the Lucky8 ones we can get here in the US. Fairly narrow under the body though, at least as they look online, which shouldn't be a problem if you're not regularly scraping rocks - the air compressor is tucked up under the right side of the vehicle, and the main electrical harness is under the left side. Lucky8's are about 8 inches wide, cover all of that space, and they mount to the factory side step mounts. If the Wildbear ones mount to the same spots, installation should not be difficult.

The advantage of the wider sliders is that it's less likely you'll get hung up on a rock or a tree stump that gets jammed up in the gap between the drivetrain/exhaust and the door sill where that critical stuff is - you will be amazed how much room there is under the fiberboard cover when you take it off.

Pic here of the Lucky8 ones for comparison.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum