Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gaz62
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dash Rattle

Only 100 miles on the clock and I have a rattle behind the dash on passenger side Rolling Eyes . Sounds like a loose plastic and only happens at idle or very low revs. Im due into dealership later this week so will mention it .I hope it’s something simple and not a dash out job.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Don’t let them put you off.
    Perseverance is an absolute must!👍

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

Don’t worry I won’t.Its not like it comes and goes.I picked the car up Saturday rattle started Sunday and been there since.Had a few people listening to see where they think it’s coming from and it is defo front passenger side of the car .
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

I was in at dealership today and let the salesman here the rattle.He is going to get it booked in to be checked out. Will keep this updated you never know if it gets resolved it may help out another owner. Thumbs Up
  • Scottlw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I will be interested to see what they find, I have exactly the same on a 2018 that I recently purchased, can only hear it between 1000-1200 rpm. I have found a piece of trim on the underside of the bonnet that is loose on the passenger side, hoping its as simple as that. Will be going in to be looked at.
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

I called dealership yesterday to book it in to have the rattle looked at.The service receptionist said that if I was in the area I could pop in to let the technician have a look as it may be something simple( good idea).
    I popped in today ,explained to the showroom receptionist why I was in, she said all technicians were busy but to have a seat “ no problem I am not in a hurry”..She then asked what the rattle sounded like and when it was happening. I thought to myself maybe she is a receptionist/ rattle expert. She came back about 15 mins later and said she spoke to John the tech and he will need it booked in for the day. So it’s booked in for 16th November. I would have thought it would have made more sense if John the tech came out to the car for 5 mins as planned to eliminate it being something simple.
    So let’s just say it is a 5 minute job. I have now taken up a slot that someone else could have had.🤨
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I wonder.....does the dealer get to bill your slot back to LR as warranty investigation, and then the subsequent one too?

That way, you’ve not taken up a slot that someone else could have had, rather you’ve filled a slot that no-one else was paying for Very Happy

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Scottlw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Gaz62, did they find the issue and fix it?
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

Yes they managed to resolve the rattle issue at the dealership. They said it was some clip underneath the car had come loose.They really didn’t go into any detail.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum