Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Warranty and Covid

Just wondered if anyone has had issues during the last lockdown (as it seems likely we're headed for another), where closures of service centres have delayed scheduled car servicing beyond the designated period? Has anyone asked the question as to whether Land Rover have made exemptions so that warranties are not invalidated by having your service completed at, say, 13/14 months, or above specified annual mileage?
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

For Jaguar JLR extended all warranties and service intervals with a month,
    in case dealerships were closed.

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • andynoiseboy
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

There's an element of flexibility with my dealer but it might be a one-time offer:

I had an issue with DPF full warnings which started after firmware upgrades. I returned it outside the warranty period and they forced a regen and declared everything was ok - no charge.

Then, after an 80 mile motorway journey I got a DPF full/limp home problem with no warnings prior to it.
    I returned to the dealer saying that they clearly haven't resolved the issue. They took it in and 'found' a failed gasket on the EGR. £320 to change a £3 gasket. Wouldn't entertain any liability.

They couldn't explain why I was not getting any amber DPF warnings or why this happened after long journeys where regen should occur.

I'm now playing a waiting game to see if the problem persists, but they've been defensive about whether the firmware updates could have caused this.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum