Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

leaf collector

I didnt know I had ticked the options box for Leaf collector!!

If I open the bonnent and both front doors there is a huge, and I mean hige amount of dead leaves down at the bottom edge of the front wings, plus tons under the bonnet along the top edge and down all the crevases around the top corners (closest to the screen).

As I cant seem to get them all out, the only thing I can see happening is they compost and trap water. Not great Evil or Very Mad

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Or attract mice

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

snap

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

yep get this every year round about now!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Mine too, unfortunately protected corsican pine needles rather than leaves, they are Censored to get out!!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I park overnight under several trees and like you guys suffered from a full gutter until I started fitting a strip of this along the bonnet each time I parked ...

Shouldn’t have to compensate from thoughtless design but needs must.

In truth I never understood why the discovery 5 is the only model in the LR range with such a cavanous wiper recess. I still dislike seeing water jets staring at me out of the void. Its as if the bonnet is too high or the windscreen drops too low having this operational area in line of sight. When fighting the wife’s wish to change from the D4 I pointed to this annoying distraction (black hole with eyes staring back) as my main objection. Sadly she won. 😔 If only I knew then about the leaves issue, I could have assigned her the job of keeping it clean.
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’ve also just noticed that mine is gathering a lot of leaves inside the engine compartment. I once had a car that did this and they caught fire! Best to keep taking them out.
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Yeah a bit of a nuisance but easy sorted, I just hoover below bonnet then attach nozzle which reaches into front lower spaces behind wings when front doors are open. Used to get it with Discovery sport as well. Thumbs Up

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Whistle Whistle Whistle Deafening silence as all us blokes hadn't thought of that and had gone down the bloke tool list: cable ties, WD40, duck tape, long screwdriver, hammer and Dremel without success

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum