Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Milky400
    United Kingdom 

Pivi Pro and D300 MHEV

All,

I am debating yet another rejection after 3 months. First was the first Velar after 2 years of ownership (second Velar was faultless) now the D5. Being plagued with the same infotainment issues i had all those years ago with an early Velar and more worryingly a undiagnosed engine rattle which the car has sat for 2 weeks without being moved waiting for JLR to inspect.

Question is, if i reject i may give JLR one final chance with a new Disco, has anyone had experience or heard of any issues with the d300 MHEV engine and also the PIVI Pro. i dont want to be going back into JLR ownership if Pivi is just as bad as the early rubbish these had

thanks
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

have any cars been delivered with the D300 MHEV yet?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

Not D5 but been around in other vehicles?

Last edited by Milky400 on 30th Nov 2020 4:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

ah ok, thought was new for all models for 2021 MY? In which case there may have been a handful of RRS and/or Velar delivered I guess. Not even seen a magazine or TV program review of them yet only the P360. Would be interested to hear what they think of the diesel.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Autocar did a first drive on a FFRR D350 a few weeks ago, not sure if anyone has actually had 1 delivered yet, also seen a few comments on new Defender which is first application of PiviPro. I think you won't see a L462 21my with D6 till at least Feb next year.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

The defender I had for 3 days last week had pivi pro. Was much quicker and slicker than the D5 current set up. Caneras were amazing. Obviously didn't get to try connectivity to phone etc.

• Milky400
    United Kingdom 

I to had a defender for a few days and although I wasn’t a fan of the pivi i think it was just not being use to it, it was however a lot quicker and the new camera angles are a definite improvement
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum