Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rustyrabbit
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Looking For 4 off Grabber AT3 255/55 R20

Just purchased my new Disco and thought I had nothing better to do than pick it up from the dealership followed by a quick phone call to my local Tyre supplier to arrange fitting of 4 new Grabber AT3 255/55/20...only to be told they are currently on back order and a quick internet search it seems this is also the issue elsewhere...any help or suggestions of any suppliers i may have missed would be much appreciated.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Tyres

Tried an internet search? I recall doing one a couple of weeks back and it wasn’t a problem with Blackcircle. Don’t know what the position is now.
  • Rustyrabbit
    Scotland 

Cheers, been on Blackcircles...and cant see any available and yes will be selling the ones I remove as and when.
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Good luck with your search.
    I needed one a couple of weeks ago and basically got told by everybody that they’re none in the country and no details of an expected delivery date.
    Crying or Very sad
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Come to Luxembourg... They have them here with no problems.

That way you can also buy my 22" rims that I am selling 😀
  • Garyp
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

I've been trying to order some, it appears that general moved production to another country and there was a problem with the mould. All 255/55r20 stock has been recalled and are only available on back order
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Could you please let me know how/where you got this information as I have these tires that I purchased not so long ago, and I don't want to me in the situation that I have tires that should have been recalled but weren't.
  • Garyp
    United Kingdom 

I ordered tyres between Christmas and new year. I rang up the tyre fitter on Tuesday 5th Jan to chase up when they would be in and this is what I was told. Don't know what tyre dates are affected, may be worth an email to general
  • Rustyrabbit
    Scotland 

thanks for the information chaps, much appreciated...my next question is any suggestions for suitable alternatives...?
  • Garyp
    United Kingdom 

I've had them on my last two Discoverys so I'll be waiting 'till they are back in stock, for me there isn't an alternative
  • Rustyrabbit
    Scotland 

GaryP, agreed .... I have had them fitted on my discos for the past 6 years AT2 & AT3s..and they have never let me down yet...funnily enough my local supplier just phoned to say he hopeful the grabbers should be in next week ! so we shall see.
  • Garyp
    United Kingdom 

Let's hope so. I'm driving around on scorpion Verde in 3 inches of snow at the moment, they are ok but they are no grabber
  • Rustyrabbit
    Scotland 

Same here... i certainly miss that additional grip. We live at the top of a very steep old farm track in the scottish borders which our local authority wont clear or salt...so the grabbers are vital. Shocked
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

The duratracs come in the same size if you don’t mind not having the 3PSF symbol on them.

I had them and will be getting a new set for my summer tires when the eagles that I have in my summer rims have worn out.
  • Garyp
    United Kingdom 

Had the tyre place on the phone today, the AT3's I ordered before Christmas are now in stock. Get them fitted tomorrow Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum