Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Frozen door seals

I know other vehicles suffer this too, but ffs this is a 12mth old go anywhere Disco and it’s only -2. Every morning just solid.
    Anyone else have this problem?
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Spray silicon, it was part of previous Discovery servicing schedule. IIRC

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Re: Frozen door seals

Qwertyd5x wrote:
    I know other vehicles suffer this too, but ffs this is a 12mth old go anywhere Disco and it’s only -2. Every morning just solid.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. If I need in a hurry, I run slightly tepid water along the top of the door frame. That apart, the boot is normally okay, but it’s a bit of a pain getting from there into the drivers seat.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

the doors are sometimes a little reluctant to open but a solid tug usually works. Three Canadian winters so far . Cool

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Not had an issue the 2 days I've seen -2 C back in June last year while in Orange. And I doubt that spraying silicone on the door seals is done at a service in Sydney.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

it usually occurs after a slight thaw, so theres water sitting on the seals, then temp drops again and they freeze - had it happen on both D3 and D4, and yes, get some silicon spray ("back to black" bumper treatment spray works a treat) and spray some on a cloth and wipe all round both the inner and outer doors seals - wont stick again. Usually do mine a couple of times over the winter just to be sure.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

was rather surprised to just have this problem too... well stuck and it's just below freezing, not exactly the arctic type environments they test them in. Will try the silicone trick.
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Thanks, I’ll buy some silicon spray.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Spoils the fun when you’re in a hurry! Actually deffo funny when you’ve driven it, parked up and can’t get out! Had that happen once.

In truth, it’s not annoying me that much, although it’s happened half a dozen times this winter.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum