Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• s3fms
    United Kingdom 

Number Plate Location - your opinion

Has anyone centralised their number plate on their Discovery?
    I love everything on my MY20 HSE Luxury, but still not 100% on the rear number plate.. dealer fitted oversized plates, which doesn't really help, so will change that to standard size first,

What do you think - would be great to hear from someone that has made the change?

• discus
    United Kingdom 

Nope, it's one of these quirky little features that grow on you over time I think! I quite like it, although that may be a minority opinion...
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

When I got the car, I did ask if they’d put on normal sized plates and was told it was against LR policy and that’s where I left it.

Doesn’t bother me tbh, it’s only a number plate.
  • Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Plate offset

Tried to balance the offset plate with decals.

• Kevin-t
    United Kingdom 

I think this would be my option...

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

The video shows the guy slipping and scuffing the original paintwork. 10m 10 sec is proof of that. Why would you take a multi tool to cut the bodywork to make it look just like a Disco Sport. Rolling with laughter
  • Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I was thinking of going this route after a parking lot attendant busted the real window with some bodywork damage but realized insurance wouldn’t pay for such a modification.
    It would look better than the offset, in my opinion.
    Oddity for the sake of being different isn’t beauty.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Each to their own tbh, just not something that worries me, other than it being mistaken for a Disco Sport. Laughing
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I see one every day with the centralised plate mod, and I’m glad mine doesn’t look like that, like a Velar in a vice.

The plate isn’t actually the issue with the rear styling, it’s the height combined with the rounded corners and horizontal lights that makes it look odd. Vertical light treatment would look far better.

The moving of the lettering on the facelift model does more to resolve the rear end issues and is pretty effective. It’s a visual height reducer, albeit a small one.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    Each to their own tbh, just not something that worries me, other than it being mistaken for a Disco Sport. Laughing

Ditto. Apart from insisting I had a 'standard' size rear plate when I picked the car up, which I personally think makes all the difference, I've never really understood the fuss about it being offset. Thumbs Up

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum