Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Roneyj05

New timing chain at 39k miles

Hi everyone. I have a 39k miles 2017 2.0 HSE disco 5. It was at the dealers today for an airbag fault and after it was scanned the dealers have told me that it’s logged several camshaft position errors and also some EGR flow issues. I’m the second owner of this disco and just picked it up. All work will be totally FOC and won’t cost me a penny. Should I walk away now or get the work done and be glad it’s not costing me. I love the vehicle, it’s perfect and in great condition etc. I’m just cautious of issues down the line after the engines been out for the timing chain replacement etc. I know they are designed to last a “lifetime”

Work required is full timing chain replacement and egr cooler filter and air leak.

No rattling, no power loss or warning lights for engine.
  • Whippetman
    England 

I’m off having new engine and leaking windscreen just 32500 miles .
    She’s now running well but I just don’t have any confidence in the future.
    Shame ….

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

there's numerous people on the Facebook group with the SD4 with cam chain issues amongst other engine issues, get it done if its FOC might save the engine going bang...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum