Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Rear fog lights.

Both rear fogs have decided to stop working. Tried over the weekend as was quite foggy.
    Not checked the fuse yet, but the orange symbol comes on when i turn the stalk. Front fogs are working fine.
    I had the small trailer attached, and the indicators, brakes and sidelights were working fine.
    Disconncted the trailer lights, incase they were interfering with the cars electrics, but still no luck.
    I will check the big trailer, as it has in built fogs, later on in the week, when i have time.
    Any ideas apart from the fuse?
    The left lamp cluster was replaced about 6 weeks ago, so am thinking maybe they had to disconnect the fogs and forgot to plug them back in, as maybe they are on the same circuit?
    Were working before the car went in. Any helps appreciated, thanks.

(I had similar problem when i picked the car from new just over 3 years ago. None of the sensors were working, neither front or rear, or side ones.
    Car was fitted with a fixed towbar, and as i had thought, all the reverse and front sensors were running off the same wiring loom and the garage had forgot to reconnect the plug afterwards, when putting the bumper back on).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The fog lights are deactivated when a trailer is attached (so that you don't just dazzle yourself with the red glow on the front of your trailer). Check the electrical socket is clean and that there isn't a short simulating a trailer being attached.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

JonM the socket is clean, plus am using a 13 pin to 7 Pin adaptor. Also squirted Wd40 in the socket, plus it has a rubber protective cap over the towball and socket to keep dirt and grime out. I always take the caps off, when washing the car and give the sockets a quick blast with the hose pipe, to get rid of any dust and salt etc.

If that's the case that they disconnect on attaching a caravan, or a trailer, does that mean just the fog lamps on the caravan or trailer only function, as car ones are deactivated?

Am pretty sure on my big trailer with integrated fog lights, the rear fogs on the car are on as well, unless the feature your describing is for MY19 onwards ?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum