Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Red5steve
    United Kingdom 

D300 brakes

Hi people, does anyone else have an issue with the brakes. Mine seem really poor and require quite a shove on the pedal, never had a problem with the D4.
    Perhaps just need bedding in.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I don’t have the D4 as a yardstick, and mine is a SD6 not D300, but absolutely no issues with the brakes. Coming from a 1600kg BMW with M-Sport brakes, the Disco seems just as good and always has.

Might be worth asking for a drive in a demo as a comparison?

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I drove a new D300 at the weekend with just 8 miles on the clock. First one to test drive it and the brakes felt perfectly fine and good to me.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I did have a problem with warped discs on my D4 2.7 that I believe was caused by a combination of a heavy car, smaller rotors (compared to the 3L) and using the brakes a lot in the city. Both times this issue started shortly after changing pads and discs and only on the left front. Discs were machined once when this happened then had no problems for the rest of that set of brakes. Brake dust was ridiculous on them, clean the wheels and in a week of use they'd be black again.

None of that on my D5 TD6, I'm still on my original set of brakes (59K km) and no mention of brakes having to be done after the service last week.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

The D300 I test drove yesterday had very good brakes. It had done 2700 miles.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum