Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 4x4newbie
    United Kingdom 

Low tyre pressure warning at 33psi, is that right?

Had a warning my right rear tyre pressure is low at 33psi, set for light load it says. Is this right or an error.

What should they be?

Thanks
  • Paramike
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Hi from memory I believe the rear tyre pressure is 37psi and 34psi front for light load.press the start button without pressing the brake pedal this will take you into vehicle info select tyre info it will inform you of the current/correct pressures.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Pressures are also on the plate on bottom of drivers side B post, but light load should be 34 front 37 rear, the warning triggers around -10%. Also be aware, if you've got a full size spare, that needs to be at max load pressure - 50psi, to avoid flagging the spare as low.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Really interesting about the spare, not having one of these cars that it is also checking the pressure on that when it's not in use.

Slightly off-topic question (Sorry) around the full-size spare, does it come on the same alloy style as you order or it's just a full size but say steel wheel or such?
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

Pre 21my, full size spare was std and was same wheel & tyre as rest of car (space saver was a no cost option I think). At face-lift 21my, space saver is std and full size is a costly option. LR's answer to spares being stolen- the LR anti theft plate fitted to pre face-lift is pretty in-effective, get an RLD plate for best protection.

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, Trevorb1, wasn't even aware people steal the spares of these. Clearly been living under a rock.

I'd guess the space saver is part cost, part fuel economy, and CO2 emissions. I seem to remember on the configurator when picking the full-sized wheel that the CO2 goes up a gram. I actually specced a Disco 5 and to get it from moving up to the next tax bracket I had to drop the wheels from 21's to 20's. It's right on the borderline.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

You can turn the spare so that the valve points out to the rear, which is fine for attaching to a pump and checking. Think I just went with 37psi in it. Never had a problem.

My spare and all on D5’s are, I think, are a full size alloy.

As for the factory fit spare wheel protector, I’ve had a RLD one on a D4, which was needed. I personally see nothing wrong with the LR one and I’ve checked it in detail, on the D5, so haven’t bothered and my spare is still there.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

Alot of the JLR management cars had their spares stolen, so the later management cars were specced with space savers as a way of stopping the thefts. It got to the level at Whitley that the Discovery only car park was re-instated for D5, it was also in place for D4 as they had a real problem with thefts.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Can’t see how my LR spare wheel protector differed from Rays one tbh. I had a look to see if there was some latitude to cut the cable or otherwise get at the wheel and there simply wasn’t. It is the same basic design.

If it gets to that stage, it would be simpler to jack up the car, overcome the security nut - it’s not difficult and nick a wheel or four.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum