Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

2022 RD HSE P360 arrived

Charente Grey. Came in a week early.

my wife's first comment was, "oh... it's brown." Laughing technically no, but it's one of those colors that varies wildly with the light. (the colors look off here)

And in true JLR fashion, something is amiss. Rolling with laughter

They can't get it to register on their inControl servers. They tried three times and I tried twice at home (there is an under-a-flap button in the ceiling control near the sunroof toggles for it). Luckily, data works and I can manually log-in on the Pivi Pro system with my account, but the Remote apps simply don't work because the VIN won't register. The dealer has run in to this before and it's on JLR's end.

What I didn't expect is apparently I can't put my own SIM in the car, so they say. Not sure if it's an eSIM or what. if there are SIM slots, I haven't found them yet. I would prefer to put in one of my Google-Fi data SIMs.

Goodbye 'ol 2017 TD6
    Crying or Very sad

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cool Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Re: 2022 RD HSE P360 arrived

eelpout wrote:

What I didn't expect is apparently I can't put my own SIM in the car, so they say. Not sure if it's an eSIM or what. if there are SIM slots, I haven't found them yet. I would prefer to put in one of my Google-Fi data SIMs.

The option to use your own SIM has been removed. The car now uses the built in sims only. If you have specified the WiFi option with the extra subscription then you can connect other devices to the car. If you didn't choose that option then you can't (the car doesn't even have the WiFI module).

Even without the WiFi and data plan option, you'll still get live traffic, updates and spotify etc.

Quote:
    I also recommend you access the support page for Pivi Pro here: https://www.landrover.com/.../infotainmen.../pivi/index.html including the FAQ’s. This page is in the process of being rolled out to other languages/markets – please bear with us.
    Depending on the country the vehicle was purchased and is used in, there are different groups of connected services/features available (Please note, within these groups whilst the feature groups may be available in your market, not all sub features may be available, I recommend you always check with your retailer for local market availability in this regard):
    Connected Navigation: Real Time Traffic Information, Map Updates including Safety Camera Locations (automatic download in the background, generally every month) Online Routing, Online Search including Reviews and Ratings from services such as Trip Advisor, Satellite Maps, Fuel Prices & charging information (where applicable) and Parking Availability. The initial subscription is included with Pivi Pro in applicable markets generally for 3 years.
    Online Pack: Online Entertainment services such as Deezer, Spotify & TuneIn and current weather as well as forecast information for current location and at the destination. In the UK this pack also includes the facility to pay for parking. Over time this pack will include further connected services/experiences. Online Pack includes an initial one-year subscription.
    Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan: Where this is available, it’s always a standalone optional feature. It includes the Wi-Fi antenna hardware as well as a data plan with 20GB / month for one year.
    In markets where connected navigation/services are provided, vehicles fitted with Pivi Pro benefit from two modems and up to two embedded SIM cards. I have categorised markets based on which of these connected feature groups are available and which markets require a separate nano SIM to be fitted. There are various reasons why such differences exist.
    Market Group 1:
    Austria, Australia (Wi-Fi hotspot is not available), Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Rep, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA
    These markets have Connected Navigation, Online Pack and Optional Wi-Fi Hotspot available.
    The SIM’s are embedded which also include data as long as there is a valid subscription/s. On renewal of the applicable subscription/s, data is added for the new subscription period for the associated feature/services.
    Market Group 2:
    Botswana, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Mexico, Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden
    These markets have Connected Navigation available.
    The SIM’s are embedded and include data as long as there is a valid subscription. On renewal of the subscription, data is added for the new subscription period for the associated feature/services.
    Market Group 3:
    Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, UAE
    These markets have Connected Navigation available.
    A separate nano SIM with a suitable data tariff is required to provide the data for the available connected navigation features/services.
    The slot for the nano SIM is in the user interface panel. This is the panel in the front centre armrest which includes two USB ports.
    Please note: The above is a guide, please check with your retailer as the availability and roll out of services by market is subject to change.
    There has been some confusion in regard to enabling the optional Wi-Fi Hotspot feature. Assuming this feature is available in your market (market group 1) and ordered for your vehicle (please remember the Wi-Fi Hotspot capability is a standalone option and can’t be retrofitted), to enable the hotspot, access settings > connectivity. First check Mobile Data is enabled, then enable ‘Hotspot’. Note: The 'hotspot' setting is only visible if the vehicle was fitted with the Wi-Fi Hotspot capability. With the hotspot enabled click on the word hotspot to access the network name and password. The 4G Hotspot will allow you to connect up to 8 devices – should be enough to keep most families happy .
    Please note: Wi-Fi settings are shown regardless of whether the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature is enabled on your vehicle. This is used for connecting to external Wi-Fi hotspots for software updates ONLY. However, I recommend just allowing the car to download updates in the background for markets where connected services are available . See my other recent post on software updates for further info.
    Mobile data can ONLY be provided to Pivi Pro for the above connected features/services via either the embedded SIM (market groups 1 & 2) or a separate nano SIM (market group 3) inserted into the SIM slot in the user interface panel. Tethering a mobile phone’s data connection is not supported. The vehicle can however connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot for software updates. There are valid technical reasons for this, but I'll spare you the details.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • eelpout
    United States 

JonM wrote:
    The option to use your own SIM has been removed. The car now uses the built in sims only. If you have specified the WiFi option with the extra subscription then you can connect other devices to the car. If you didn't choose that option then you can't (the car doesn't even have the WiFI module).

Even without the WiFi and data plan option, you'll still get live traffic, updates and spotify etc.

also recommend you access the support page for Pivi Pro here: https://www.landrover.com/.../infotainmen.../pivi/index.html including the FAQ’s.

Lot of info there, thanks!

Since we haven't yet solved my InControl problem yet (holidays here in the US), is there tracking of data usage on one's account that one can see online?

And for those that are curious, this is what I see on my InControl page when the car isn't fully activated for my VIN. The pertinent part is that the VIN is "NULL."

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

There's no data tracking on my MY19 account, PiviPro may be different (mine hasn't even got a build date yet so I can't check Laughing ).

If you add a vehicle to the InControl it prompts you to type in the VIN. I presume you've already tried adding the vehicle yourself?

Click image to enlarge

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • eelpout
    United States 

JonM wrote:
    If you add a vehicle to the InControl it prompts you to type in the VIN. I presume you've already tried adding the vehicle yourself?

yep, that's the page I'm using. the 60:00 countdown starts, I go to the car and press the button until it blinks a slow amber but for some reason it never gets to the next step. Dealer had the same issue (though I think their process might be slightly different?).

Unfortunately there is no feedback either in the car or the website that tells one what could be going wrong. I'm sure a tech on the JLR server end could watch the process in realtime and tell. I still think it's simply a matter of the car not being registered correctly or misidentified in their system as the AT&T mobile connection seems to work OK.

Currently since I've logged into my profile manually in Pivi Pro I no longer see that car registration page. Once I did that (via Wi-Fi) the mobile connection started to work, real time traffic data came up etc. It could be since I subverted their system by doing that I've made a mess of things. Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum