Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jojim65
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Ordered today

A very big Hello to you all,
    Just ordered a 3.0l HSE with a few extras from Hendys in Southampton.

I had a Disco 3 HSE back in 2009 which whilst not very reliable I sold back to the dealer for more than I paid for it, a lucky combination of stock market crashes and a very cold winter. I then went back to BMW with a 3 series tourer and then a 5 series tourer, both fault free. I bought a new Velar in 2019 which whilst a lovely car never really hit the spot.

I very nearly bought an X5 but was swayed by the discount I received through the JLR military scheme.

Aware that lead times are huge at the moment but really pleased to be back in a discovery.

Looking forward to both getting it and getting involved on the forum.

Thanks

Jim

Last edited by jojim65 on 5th Aug 2021 7:25 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum. Did you get any idea how long you will have to wait from the dealer?

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • jojim65
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

I asked for a January delivery as I'm abroad (hopefully) through the Christmas period. They replied that was good as it would be highly unlikely to see it in the last quarter of this year. It was also mentioned that soon they would not be expecting orders to be fulfilled till the second quarter of next year.

Every car they receive is for a customer at the moment, so no stock cars and no replacements for the showroom cars which they can't sell either as they are required to have one of each model in the showroom. I almost started to feel sorry for them.

The surprise was used residuals which are extremely strong at the moment.....until the bubble bursts of course.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum