Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Smart key issues.

Having issues with the smart key since last few weeks and it's progressively getting worse. Mrs had problems starting the car. WRONG SMART KEY message comes up on dash. Placed the key next to the steering column as illustrated on the dash, but still no joy. It took a good 5 mins to start the car. Tried spare set of keys and still same issue. Changed batteries on both fobs at the weekend, but still no difference. Took car out yesterday, and the stop start kicked in, but could not get it started at the traffic lights for a good minute or so. Really embarrassing. Car even managed too lock me in, along with the keys. Never thought that would be possible, as that would happen on my D1 years ago.

When trying to press the handle to lock it, nothing happens, as well as trying to open it. Along with the tailgate foot gesture not working. However if cars started, foot gesture works fine. Only way it's starting is if you sit in the car and lock it from the inside and unlock it quickly. Even then it may take several attempts to start. No updates have been done either since last service, so it rules that out. When it does start the driver seat goes forward as we both have our individual settings, so I have to push the seat back. Is there anyway of resetting the smart keys, ie disconnect the cars battery overnight, to possibly sort this out?

Thanks

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I had very similar issues to that you describe.

Eventually got one of the cars modules replaced under warranty.

Jon
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Jon, a trip to the dealers I expect Sad

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Feel for you !
    Another situation you really don’t need having paid top dollar.
    Good luck with dealer assistance.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Tell me about it. My cars half the price, and has never gone wrong. Beginning to think this may be our last LR as well, as the price does not equate to the build quality. Already had a window mechanism replaced under warranty earlier this year.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Join the growing club of “my last Land Rover” The reality is it’s pretty much a second rate brand.

At least I’ve got the black pack on black paint so you can’t see it’s a LR from a distance. Thumbs Up
  • Whippetman
    England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down
    But so sad Big Cry

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Sad to hear so many people having issues.

My 2017 D5 has honestly been the best car I have had. It has not put a foot wrong.

Only issue have been front window leak (sorted by LR quickly and efficiently) and the boot door rubbing very slightly.

Other than that... Perfect.

And my wife's e-pace have also been perfect!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum