Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trinyquist
    United Kingdom 

Test driving a 17 HSE Luxury tomorrow - what to ask?

As the title really. First LR, looking at spending under £45k. This one has popped up near me, D5 17 plate TDV6, HSE Luxury with deplorable tow bar. 35k miles, FSH. What questions should I be asking of the dealer and what should I be looking out for on the car? Anything that’s an immediate ‘no go’ or things of that nature.

Any help greatly appreciated!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Land Rover approved used cars come with a warranty.
  • Trinyquist
    United Kingdom 

This isn’t a LR dealer, but I’m guessing from what you’ve said I should be buying one from them, rather than someone else?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No, the LR used car warranty tended to be viewed as the gold standard, others would argue that point. Basically, there’s no magic formula from whom to buy a used car, however it might prove helpful to have a good warranty chucked in with the deal. They are expensive beasts when they go wrong and they do go wrong.
  • Trinyquist
    United Kingdom 

Ah, understood. It does say it comes with “a full 12 month warranty for owners complete piece of mind”, so I guess I need to read the fine print of that to make sure of what it covers.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Make sure you get a good warranty. Second hand prices are sky high right now, so only buy if you really need what a Disco brings (benefits are many and varied).

To put the price into context, my August 2019 heavily optioned MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 was on an LR dealer’s forecourt for only £53k in August 2020. Not seeking to put you off, but mentioning just in case you are unaware.

Make sure it’s had the infotainment updates - check the version in the head unit.

Make sure all of the cameras and sensors work. I.e. 360 cameras, switching automatically between reverse and forward view, test out adaptive cruise and lane keeping if fitted.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Re-read the OP, i thought you said this car was up for £45k, but have read it properly now!

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Trinyquist
    United Kingdom 

Ah, no, it’s up for just over £40k, and I’m hoping to bring them down a little.

I did have an order in for a new DS but the wait was getting longer and longer and when they said they couldn’t give me the interactive dash due to shortages, that was the last straw so I cancelled. I think I’d now rather spend the same amount of money on the D5 and get a few extra options on top of what I had spec’d on the DS.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Wise choice, the D5 is in a completely different league to the DS. Even taking equipment levels out of the equation. I had a DS loaner and it could have been anything, none of the character and luxury SUV feel that a D5 has (even in SE spec a D5 feels great to drive, it’s not about the trinkets).

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Wife had two DS’s, that says it all. My opinion, they’re okay as a curtesy car if their loan Corsa is already out.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Brilliant Darras Laughing

• Whippetman
    England 

Re: Test driving a 17 HSE Luxury tomorrow - what to ask?

Trinyquist wrote:
    As the title really. First LR, looking at spending under £45k. This one has popped up near me, D5 17 plate TDV6, HSE Luxury with deplorable tow bar. 35k miles, FSH. What questions should I be asking of the dealer and what should I be looking out for on the car? Anything that’s an immediate ‘no go’ or things of that nature.

Any help greatly appreciated!

I’d ask them would they always be able to supply a similar loan car when its booked in for warranty work and can the work be done within 7 days Whistle Whistle Whistle

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Yeh, Whippetman,,, because thats we get when we book ours in for work with the LR stealer, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Whippetman
    England 

Booked in within 7 days and a loaner please name if possible!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum