Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've had it on my D4 and D5. It works well, every morning when I get in to the car the windscreen is defrosted and the cabin is mildly warm. The engine gets to full temperature sooner after starting as well.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

While not having a build date as yet the dealer is now saying delivery should be the beginning of April but hope that will come forward, 7 months from order. They must be losing a fortune if there line is running at less than 50%. When I used to supply VW they penalties for stopping the line was extreme so i can only imagine the cost of this and ultimately who will pick up the bill.

I suspect that is why there released M23 as thats when people going to receive them Shocked
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Just had a call from my dealer saying all MY22’s have been cancelled and I will need to spec a MY23. While there are some small niggles with this the biggest problem is that the interactive driver display is not available. And it will come with analogue dials. If I do want this it could be 18-24 months. Not very pleased about this and even considering cancelling.

Has anyone else received the same information about the interactive display?
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have just found this out via Facebook. The dealer did not tell me this either so I will be calling him tomorrow. I am seriously thinking about cancelling unless they can offer me a good deal on a Metropolitan edition. I excepted giving up the HUD but I don't want to go back to the old style clocks.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Looking at the LR site it's not the old 2 clock display. It's the new one as fitted to Defender where the clocks are not complete uses the tft to fill in part of the background on speedo and rev counter, in my opion it doesn't look good, can't believe they designed it like this, I would rather have the original 2 full dials and smaller centre display.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Playing Devils Advocate, but why would a dealer give you a good deal when they can sell a cancelled order within seconds?
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Looking at the configurator you can still specify the interactive display, it just defaults to the analogue dials version.

BigCol66. - Can you point me to the facebook page where this was mentioned?
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    Playing Devils Advocate, but why would a dealer give you a good deal when they can sell a cancelled order within seconds?

You are probably right which means it is probably time to walk away. I had my order in at the end of March and plenty have had their cars delivered before me. To me the whole point of buying a new car was that I could have the exact spec I wanted but that can't happen now so not much point in buying new.

• RDR
    United Kingdom 

My dealers saying they have 25 D5 build slots from JLR for the whole of 2022. Could be bull but if they are that low on available builds then any kind of discount will be almost impossible.

Just checked the configurator, it looks like the analogue dash is now standard on everything bar the Metropolis.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have decided to cancel my order. Maybe see what things are like in 12 months time. The change of dash was the final straw for me.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Wise move, buying just now is throwing good money after bad IMHO.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

I've also cancelled this order for my R-Dynamic HSE,

The changes from MY22 to MY23 resulted in £2700 of extra's being removed. While I would not necessarily pay for these extra's if I was specifying a base model it's not what I signed up for.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Whilst annoying for you guys that have cancelled, it won't bother LR one bit as they can't build cars anyway, just means everyone in the queue after you move up acouple of places.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Soler wrote:
    Looking at the configurator you can still specify the interactive display, it just defaults to the analogue dials version.

BigCol66. - Can you point me to the facebook page where this was mentioned?

Where could i get some photos of the analogue dials?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum