Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Poor Service

So Hadfields Shrewsbury have had my now 5 week old D5 2 weeks and they have not even looked at it.
    They are blaming illness and holidays for not having a qualified technician to look at.
    Should I be moaning to LR customer services as this is not a very good response to a brand new vehicle.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Sadly, If it is anything like here, the dealers are a law unto themselves, and JLRCS cannot really DO anything other than make excuses.

On this side of the channel JLRCS is all outsourced to an external company that are worse than useless!! ALL THEY DO is make excuses and never sort out ANYTHING.

I am generally not a big fan of Tesla, but I DO think that their way of working without dealers is an improvement because they have more control over what the client experiences!!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Re: Poor Service

BigCol66 wrote:
    So Hadfields Shrewsbury have had my now 5 week old D5 2 weeks and they have not even looked at it.
    They are blaming illness and holidays for not having a qualified technician to look at.
    Should I be moaning to LR customer services as this is not a very good response to a brand new vehicle.

So disappointing. And it really doesn't have to be like that..... I feel your pain and irritation.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Unfortunately LRCS, even the executive of LR appear disinterested. Gone are the days you could get onto them and something would be done.

If you’ve only had it five weeks, you could reject the vehicle, but don’t just threaten it, do it! I’ve done it with a new LR, the dealership fought me all the way, but I got me money back.

You say it’s five weeks old and they’ve had it two weeks, reject it under the 30 day rule, which you discount the days off the road or waiting for someone to look at it, the dealership will be on a hiding to nothing legally.

Write a letter today and take it into the Dealer Principle, take a photo of it on his desk. Do not change your mind or be influenced by what he says. Tell him you are wanting an immediate refund. Stick to your guns. Staff sickness, holidays etc. isn’t your fault nor is it your concern.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Shocking service!

Similar when I had the telematics control module replaced. Took 3 weeks as they were waiting for file download from JLR. Not entirely the same I guess as the dealership were blaming JLR. Customer service helped by providing cost of a hire car but no one had any tenacity to speed it along!

I guess if you’ve been given a loner, use and abuse that until you get yours back and knowing you haven’t added any miles.

Also consider a call to the finance company to see if they can reimburse you with some redress and provide some weight behind it to the dealership.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Phoned the dealership yesterday and they said they would look at it today and promised to call me today.
    Guess what? no phone call. I am going to drive the 40 miles to Hadfields tomorrow and demand to see someone to explain to me what is going on.
    I don't really want to give the car up as I will not get anything like the deal I had with this one but it could be an option. I have at least got a rather scruffy 70 plate D5 HSE to use.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Keeping the car is fine, but not in any circumstance.

The money you get back is the invoice price and includes any trade in.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

There is another complication as Hadfields Shrewsbury did not supply me the vehicle,it came from Hardwoods via a broker. I will see what happens tomorrow.

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

You have identified why the poor service, what incentive is there for them to help over their loyal customers, you will get seen at some point whereas if you had bought from them you would be further up the pecking order. I experienced this a few years ago with my Ford dealer, Galaxy bought new from them, any problem, bring it in straight away and we'll look at it, KA bought second hand for daughters to learn to drive, problem, 2 week wait to get it looked at.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

What have the broker /Hardwoods said?

If you want to keep it, persist with it and explore all avenues.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    You have identified why the poor service, what incentive is there for them to help over their loyal customers, you will get seen at some point whereas if you had bought from them you would be further up the pecking order. I experienced this a few years ago with my Ford dealer, Galaxy bought new from them, any problem, bring it in straight away and we'll look at it, KA bought second hand for daughters to learn to drive, problem, 2 week wait to get it looked at.

Thing is though I have a new Defender on order with this dealer which I am close to cancelling on the basis of such poor service.
    Why would I want to buy anything from them?

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Aldo wrote:
    What have the broker /Hardwoods said?

If you want to keep it, persist with it and explore all avenues.

Not spoken to either yet. Will it make any difference?

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

I too gave the dealer chance after chance to rectify the problems of a LR I purchased from them new. It kept carrying on and on and on. The last time, it came back with problems than originally.

Six months from purchase, I told them I was rejecting it and boy did they resist. They even tried to use my goodwill by which I kept returning the vehicle to them for repair against me.

Their Compliance Officer who was a practicing Solicitor wrote and told me they weren’t accepting the rejection because of the time Id had it.

Unfortunately for him, I was experienced in the law and for every point he threw in, I countered it. In fact discounting the time they had it and also the time I was waiting to put it in to them but they couldn’t fit me in, I’d only had it just over 20 days in that 6 months that counted towards the 30 day rejection.

They still resisted despite all, it really got quite nasty, so I got my own Solicitor onto it to sue them. They backed off with an hour to go on my deadline and I got my money back.

I could have done without the hassle, but if I’ve one tip to pass on - if it’s going pear shaped, reject it immediately, no ifs or buts and don’t relent no matter what they offer until you get your money back. I just wish I hadn’t been so reasonable! They saw it as a weakness and LRCS and the Executive at LR were Censored useless. Even after I got my money back, they basically washed their hands of it and just wanted the dealership and I to get round the table and discuss things, just like marriage guidance. They got told where to go!

I did buy another LR, but I actually flew to Guy Salmonds in Manchester to pick it up and I was an enjoyable experience. They collected me from the airport, took me out for a meal and gave me a goody bag for the journey home.

Not sure I’d buy another LR that said. There’s a lot of pomposity and arrogance with dealers and I am at the time in my life where I’d rather buy another property and see a return on the money rather than waste it continually upgrading a car or three.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Went to the dealers today. They said they have looked at it. The alternator is ok so they believe it's a fault in the wiring, which will mean more investigation. The service guy did say if it's the main loom it is built into the car and is not accessible.
    I will call LR customer service on Monday.

• Whippetman
    England 

I wonder what the waiting time for a wire loom might be.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum