Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Before covid / Ukraine the time for a loom was 6mths plus as they are built vehicle specific, they are not generic.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

An update on Poor Service.
    I collected my D5 today as the dealer has managed to fix it. It turned out that there was a fault with the DC current which would you believe caused by a connector not plugged in correctly. It took a grade 4 technician to find this out, and nearly 4 weeks later.
    LR Customer Services called me today, usual apologies. I asked about some compensation for all the inconvenience and the loss of nearly a month loss of the Incontrol apps. All she said was we will offer you something later this week, No extra month subscription added on to my Incontrol.
    Relieved to get my not so new D5 back but it all leaves a nasty taste.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Glad they sorted you, and hope LR now make a decent gesture.

I once got England rugby tickets to Twickenham (gave to a colleague), and was invited for a five-day all-expenses-paid off-road adventure in Spain, driving a Disco, with a mix of hotels and luxury camping... all as a sorry for the engine failure in my first D4. Had to decline the trip (even the lady from LR thought I was MAD!) as I couldn't get away from the business, as it would have been straight after taking a week out for a family wedding in Sr Lanka... Doh!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

BigCol66 wrote:
    An update on Poor Service.
    I collected my D5 today as the dealer has managed to fix it. It turned out that there was a fault with the DC current which would you believe caused by a connector not plugged in correctly. It took a grade 4 technician to find this out, and nearly 4 weeks later.
    LR Customer Services called me today, usual apologies. I asked about some compensation for all the inconvenience and the loss of nearly a month loss of the Incontrol apps. All she said was we will offer you something later this week, No extra month subscription added on to my Incontrol.
    Relieved to get my not so new D5 back but it all leaves a nasty taste.

Good that you got it sorted but not surprised they offered you didlysquat.

Most JLR dealers seem to be oblivious to inconvenience. It’s as if they are just waiting for their jobs to fold….self fulfilling or what?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum