Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Best Discounts

Okay, any recommendations in the UK for the best discounts on a new Disco?

How long a wait are people experiencing? Up to a year? I am not wanting anything too bespoke apart from a heated steering wheel and removable tow bar.

I am going to flog my old D5, get a scrapper of sorts for running around until the new one is ready.
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Darrus looking at some of your previous posts you seem to have had a massive about turn wrt purchasing a new disco. Very Happy

Drive the deal were giving about 10% off list. With caravan club membership and signing up for LR HP I was offered nearly 10% off. The benefit doing that way to me was I got that deal at my reasonably close dealership. Dive the deal do it through a couple of dealerships both being quite some distance away from me which is not a massive problem unless you are trading in your old car and then you are at their mercy as to what they will offer you at the time. As against taking it in a few days/weeks before to agree a price. Than being able to shop round for best trade in price.

Good luck.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I’ll look again, but DTD weren’t quoting for Discos, just Disco Sports and the like.

No, my wife had a massive turn around! I just do what I am told like most husbands.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I was told on Thursday by a dealer that currently they could not place orders for the discovery and that they are greyed out on their system. Not sure if this is true or not.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Oh, thanks, what do you do?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I’ll phone round and see what’s what.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

I did see that on the LR website this weekend but it’s not clear to me how to interpret that message. Is it build times will take 6-9months longer or there’s a backlog for 6-9 months?
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Well I have been waiting since the end of March for mine. Latest news is mid December delivery, which will be 9 months.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I bunged in a quote for Carwow yesterday, not one response. That doesn’t look hopeful.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Darras, amazed that you are going for another. Then remember why I still have one. The wife again.

Be interested to know how you get on and whether they offer any kind of guaranteed value for yours at the point of delivery.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

What can I say?

Can’t be arsed arguing tbh. She’s always right anyway. Wouldn’t mind, but if she’s in it once a week, that’s it and I don’t use it much apart from its handy picking up the kids from Uni. As I don’t work, I don’t need it to commute.

As for sourcing an order, that might be problematic.

The trade in is different. I don’t mind flogging it now to WBAC or similar, given the prices they are fetching. I’d just get a scrapper to run around in for a year.

Not sure even if we went for a different marque, say a Volvo, that it would make any difference just now.
  • MAPMA
    England 

The last time I checked waiting time for a Discovery was bigger than for a Volvo XC90. In addition to the microchip shortage, there's a huge demand for the new Defender and I think Land Rover is prioritizing placing as many of those on the road as possible as it's a new model (I remember reading somewhere it's the same assembly line for both vehicles on the Slovakia factory).
    I test drove the Volvo when I was choosing which car to buy and it's quite good, the problem (for me at least) is that higher trims come with bigger alloys and the ride is worse on those than on the same alloy size Disco. There isn't an option to "upgrade" to a smaller alloy, only bigger.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks.

Today I am being quoted 6-9 months, well March was mentioned for the car. That might be optimistic.

I don’t mind tarting round the country for it. My last one, I flew down, they picked me up from the airport, drove it back. Nice and easy way to do things.

Silly thing is the flight only cost me £90, yet the other day I had something to do in Stornoway for the day, a shorter trip theoretically, but it cost me £350 return. You could get a week in Ibiza for that!
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

The dealer who told me that they could no longer take orders for new discos also said there is a national wide promotion offering +£500 on what WBAY are offering. As there is a shortage of new models to sell LR has also a shortage of trade ins.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum