Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

Drive the deal - Experiences

Has anyone had experience with drive the deal and how did it go.

Just had the MY22 order canceled and while they are holding the price for the MY23. If you compare the reduction in spec from MY22 to MY23 thats around £2700. The metropolitan on the other hand has all the spec options plus more but they wont hold my place in the line if I jump model.

So if I am prepared to start again the saving from Drive the deal will make up the gap. Just wondering if anyone has experience they want to share. I believe you can not name the dealer they assign so no need for that.

Thanks
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

They tell you that you are in a line but yet they won’t tell you where!? I will probably end up been in same boat and i will probably just jump as i think there is just a racket going on with JLR ….

When did you place order?
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Order placed 31st Aug, I feel this is an absolute joke at the moment

Place the order for my intial spec,
    Wait 3 1/2 months until they cancel the order
    Get offered the 'newer' version with half the options missing and a lower end dash
    Get told they will make up the difference on the new price increase they made

At the same time they bring out a higher model with all the bells and whistles that my initial spec was and increase the price.

I accept the issues with LR supply chain but remember they made a decision to cancel orders on supply base. If they want to change a spec due to lack of components then if they downgrade then compensate,

[/list]
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Re: Drive the deal - Experiences

Soler wrote:
    Has anyone had experience with drive the deal and how did it go.

Thanks

I used them when I ordered in around March. At the time, they offered an excellent discount and once they handed me over to the dealer they were no longer involved.

So a very good experience.

The only slight downside is the dealer was hundreds of miles away. That didn't really matter except you get an "out of area" registration. You can select a local registration from DVLA for IIRC around £300 which the dealer then fits to the car
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the feedback, I cancelled my HSE build and went with a metropolitan edition with Drive the deal.

So far very happy with the experience, actually prefer the no hassle no fuss approach to buying a car rather than going through your local dealer.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Re: Drive the deal - Experiences

drwhopilot wrote:
    The only slight downside is the dealer was hundreds of miles away. That didn't really matter except you get an "out of area" registration. You can select a local registration from DVLA for IIRC around £300 which the dealer then fits to the car

Wouldn't see the that as a big deal to me but if your going to pay for a plate you can get a private one for that kind of money or not much more. I was never too fussed but the misses got me one for a present ages ago, to be fair it makes remembering your plate easy but also people no longer know how old you'd car is at a glance.
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Yes it was effectively a private plate - we chose the first 2 letters for local area and the last three in our case were initials
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum