Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

New to the forum

Hi all. I have enjoyed a very long love, hate relationship with LR, and after an absence of 4 or so years, I am getting back into a green oval. Just ordered a D300 Discovery Metropolitan in Byron Blue with some extra bits including:

Roof rails
    Headlight power wash
    Massage seats
    Tow pack
    Pre heater
    Configurable Terrain Response
    Activity key
    Mudflaps - Front
    Mudflaps - Rear
    Deep-Sided Rubber Mats
    Cross Bars

No indication of delivery date just yet

Last edited by Tanglewood on 17th Jan 2022 12:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

At a time when we are leaving in droves, last one out please switch the light off. Whistle
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 

Obviously had a bad experience!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Not just one ……. but each to their own.

Still got the D5, but it doesn’t do anything for me tbh. Doesn’t get used much. Makes a nice driveway ornament that said.

In truth, I wouldn’t waste any cash on what is increasingly becoming old technology. I’d buy electric, it’s the future.
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 

Your first LR?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Why do you think that? It’s my 7th new LR. You keep thinking the next one will be better. It’s just a different day, same Censored .
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Congratulations! Nice spec! Love mine!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 

Yay, some positivity!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

That will soon evaporate in the light of experience. Rolling with laughter
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I’ve also got a metropolitan on order, due September. Very Happy
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Don't let Darras put you off. Not everyone has had a bad experience.....some people have, but not everyone. And, the ones that have had problems tend to be the most active on forums and social media. "I drove my car today and everything was normal" doesn't make very interesting reading especially when repeated 3000 times!

I'm on my second D5. The first one didn't break and so far the second one hasn't either. It might break tomorrow in which case I might have something interesting to plaster all over facebook - who knows. Rolling with laughter

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

It’s not all about breaking down, it’s the decline of quality of the vehicle, the decline of the dealerships and the decline of LR as a manufacturer generally, but particularly in respect of customer care.

It also not just confined to me, as you know, there’s quite a few on here that feel the same way for one reason or another and they all have their stories to tell.

Sure, I get it, you’ve ordered a car and are having to wait for it to be delivered. You want to shout it to the world and not have someone rain on your parade and say, well hang on a minuet…….

But just like there will be people happy with their purchase, then there are people unhappy and they should see the other side of the story, warts and all. We are all adults on here and I am sure people appreciate both positive and negative remarks about the car based on actual ownership. I like to think we are beyond making personal remarks or inferences about any poster on here.

Go on the sister site of this one, the Disco3/4 forum and you will be hard pushed to find literally anything positive said about the D5. That site is a lot more active than this one and a lot more experienced about LRs.

Anyway, hopefully, the new owners will be delighted with their purchase, but if not, then at least they have been forewarned.

Finally, if someone had warned me about the potential problems, would I have cancelled my order and purchased something else, maybe, possibly. At least I could have weighed up the pros and the cons and made an informed decision.

PS - I don’t have a 3k post count nor am I on Facebook.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Congrats I’ve got almost exact same spec on order in Byron. My current d5 is Byron too it’s a great colour.

Tentative September delivery, only thing that could put a spanner in the works is When I view the new l460 LWB 7 seater at the dealer event next week. Boot looks better than the discos.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    It’s not all about breaking down, it’s the decline of quality of the vehicle, the decline of the dealerships and the decline of LR as a manufacturer generally, but particularly in respect of customer care.

It also not just confined to me, as you know, there’s quite a few on here that feel the same way for one reason or another and they all have their stories to tell.

Sure, I get it, you’ve ordered a car and are having to wait for it to be delivered. You want to shout it to the world and not have someone rain on your parade and say, well hang on a minuet…….

But just like there will be people happy with their purchase, then there are people unhappy and they should see the other side of the story, warts and all. We are all adults on here and I am sure people appreciate both positive and negative remarks about the car based on actual ownership. I like to think we are beyond making personal remarks or inferences about any poster on here.

Go on the sister site of this one, the Disco3/4 forum and you will be hard pushed to find literally anything positive said about the D5. That site is a lot more active than this one and a lot more experienced about LRs.

Anyway, hopefully, the new owners will be delighted with their purchase, but if not, then at least they have been forewarned.

Finally, if someone had warned me about the potential problems, would I have cancelled my order and purchased something else, maybe, possibly. At least I could have weighed up the pros and the cons and made an informed decision.

PS - I don’t have a 3k post count nor am I on Facebook.

I don't necessarily feel the need to shout about my recent order, It was my first post and was more of an introduction than anything else. I have been on the Disco 3 site for over 10 years (same user name) so I know what I am getting into! I have had LRs in all guises for over 20 years, I have even built a couple! By far the worst was my last D4, which had no end of problems. I left the brand a few years ago due to customer service problems more than anything else - I voted with my feet! I have been in a Volvo since, but the time is right to get back into a Disco.

Like any vehicle LR have problems, unless of course you buy a soulless Korean tin box. I am prepared for faults, thats what a warranty is for. I am happy with the interactions with the dealer thus far too. I was blunt with him about my reliability concerns and I am content from what I have read and from other owners I know, that I am buying the right vehicle. Nothing else out there ticks all the boxes like a Disco.
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 

RDR wrote:
    Congrats I’ve got almost exact same spec on order in Byron. My current d5 is Byron too it’s a great colour.

Tentative September delivery, only thing that could put a spanner in the works is When I view the new l460 LWB 7 seater at the dealer event next week. Boot looks better than the discos.

When did you order for a September delivery?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum