Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

HSE Lux Ordered

So, after test driving the D5 I have now ordered a replacement for my D4. Went for the HSE Luxury in the end with additional options, Downside is that I have to wait til June

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hang in there mate it will be worth it Thumbs Up
    I hope you went for the 3 litre Very Happy
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I went for the 3litre. Never even considered the 2, I have a large twin axle caravan to tow

2017 HSE Luxury
  • Matt
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

I ordered a HSE Lux two weeks ago Nic and they're saying June for mine also
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

NicSymonds wrote:
    Yes, I went for the 3litre. Never even considered the 2, I have a large twin axle caravan to tow

Glad you went for the 3 litre. I have a 2 litre on loan at the moment, but compared too the D4 it seems underpowered. Acceleration is linear and smooth. However under a full load, it was struggling too find the right gear plus I was having too fairly put my foot down as had 500 kg in the back. The engine is also alot more raspier than the D4. I was having too talk loudly with rear passenger but never has that issue in the D4. From what I can remember of the D5 3 litre test drive, the 3 litre was alot more smoother, and quieter compared too the 2 litre, albeit a cut above the D4 in both cases. Plus both the cars I drove were well under 1000 miles. Maybe after that period things would change after they are run in ??. So in summary if your not intending too tow or put heavy stuff in the boot then your safe enough with the 2l. However if towing and carrying heavy stuff then the 3l is a definite. My opinion is that you can never not have enough power so towing or not I would still favour the 3l for such a big car, plus hopefully the 3l would last longer than the 2l in the long run as your not constantly thrashing it too get the best out of it. Mind you just my honest opinion, as am sure others will beg to differ Very Happy

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 31st Mar 2017 8:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Rstebbings
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

You can have the one I ordered if you dont want to wait till June.

MY20 D5 HSE Lux - Carpathian Grey
    MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    NicSymonds wrote:

Glad you went for the 3 litre. I have a 2 litre on loan at the moment, but compared too the D4 it seems underpowered. Acceleration is linear and smooth. However under a full load, it was struggling too find the right gear plus I was having too fairly put my foot down as had 500 kg in the back. The engine is also alot more raspier than the D4. I was having too talk loudly with rear passenger but never has that issue in the D4. From what I can remember of the D5 3 litre test drive, the 3 litre was alot more smoother, and quieter compared too the 2 litre, plus both the cars I drove were well under 1000 miles. Maybe after that period things would change??. So in summary if your not intending too tow or put heavy stuff in the boot then your safe enough with the 2l. However if towing and carrying heavy stuff then the 3l is a definite. My opinion is that you can never not have enough power so towing or not I would still favour the 3l for such a big car, plus hopefully the 3l would last longer than the 2l in the long run as your not constantly thrashing it too get the best out of it. Mind you just my honest opinion, as am sure others will beg to differ Very Happy

Having been used to the 3l in the D4, I didn't even test drive the 2l so can't compare the two like you have. The D5 I tested was under 1000 miles too and it certainly goes and is nice and smooth. I like all the gadgets inside too.

2017 HSE Luxury
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well I wasn't even interested in the 2l at all as like yourself was happy with the D4 3l. However as I had no car. they gave me the 2l instead. Funnily enough I am quite glad that they did give me the 2l. Gives me a chance too get an idea of the mpg etc. On the dueller with only 2 passengers it was fine, smooth acceleration but a bit noisey engine wise. After I loaded up fully though it was more of struggle. Anyway will find out tomorrow as a good run on a single carriage road. See what mpg I get, plus am happy as I can give it an honest review as only a handful of people have ordered a 2l and are curious about the performance. Thumbs Up
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 

Finally have a date. Build date ETA is 7th July with the delivery date being 28th July.

2017 HSE Luxury
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Thumbs Up
    Time to get it run in and then meet up for a D3,4,5 camp event in September at Banbury

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 

Got the call from my dealer saying the D5 is built and on its way to them. Pick it up next week with a bit of luck. Very Happy

2017 HSE Luxury
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum