Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Liam
    Netherlands 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

2nd row seat risers

Recently we acquired a 2017 Discovery TD6 HSE to replace our broken D4 (snapped crankshaft). It’s well documented that the 2nd row seats in the L462 are low to the floor. This is also what my kids complained about in the the test drive.

So after taking delivery I ordered a set of seat risers from Aliexpress. Couldn’t be happier with the end result and the quality of the risers themselves. I made a rudimentary explanatory/installation video of the installation and end result. Total work about 1,5 hours, because some of the bolts were in an akward position. Photo showing risers installed for right hand seat only.

Risers weren’t cheap, about €300 for the set. Link to the risers in the video description.

Land Rover Discovery 5 L462 seat risers

Current wheels: 2017 Discovery TD6, 2006 Defender 110, 2004 Mercedes E55 Estate
    Some earlier cars: 2015 D4 SDV6, 2004 D3 2.7, 1991 911 and a bunch of BMW's
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Interesting...our 2nd row is much higher, but we don't have a 3rd row. Our 2nd row seat adjustment on the side looks very different.

I certainly hope those risers retain the security of the 2nd row in the event of a collision....
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum