Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• alowson
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

HSE Lux Downunder

Hi,

Finally got around to creating an account here (also member of Disco4) as I have now a order for my Disco5.

Details on the order can be found here https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ar6IGKkNzH4p08ogiNWi-KCthN0fxg. Not actually seen any Disco 5. As in Australia they are only getting their demo cars next week. But then I am used to ordering LR products unseen. Laughing

Should fingers crossed get it in early July.

Thinking of taking advantage of the gap in Disco 4 to 5 to sell my 3year old HSE SDV6 Disco4 about a month or two early. Went a bit mad on the spec, but it seems high spec, low kms Disco 4 are holding their value well so far.

This will be my 11th LR product; 1 - 109 Pickup; 3 Defender 90; 5 Disco's; and 1 RRS (never liked it). Sort of ordered the new Disco without telling Mrs. Decided that I would cut out the argument and just go straight to outcome. Very Happy

One question I do have is about the second row seats. On Disco4 forum there is a almost religious war going on about the second row seats. They can not be that bad can they?

Look forward to seeing it for the first time next week and reporting back my thoughts.

P.S. One thing I did change was no RSE as at $5,500 I felt that two brand new iPad's would be better for the kids and the RSE. Especially now they have the special iPad holders for the second row. As long as they don't charge $4000 for the bit plastic. Very Happy
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi alowson and welcome. WRT the 2nd row seat I like yourself have read the comments. Its only the dog that gets to ride on my seats in the
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi alowson and welcome. WRT the 2nd row seat I like yourself have read the comments. Its only the dog that gets to ride on my seats in the back of my D4 so the other day I sat in the back of the D4 then sat in the back of a D5 at the dealers (not got mine yet) and couldn't see/feel any difference to be honest. Both not great but never gave it any thought until certain people have been banging on about it.
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi alowson,

Crap i didn't know the Rear Entertainment was that much. I just ordered it as well. It does much more than just the movie side, from what i hear kids can play games, look at maps, music etc.

We have the disco's in Melbourne at the moment they ship out Monday night. I have seen 2 of them and know of the other. I believe there is only a handful going around.

What did you order that link doesn't work. I have seen the Namib and the Corris Grey.
  • alowson
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Gone Carpathian Grey and ebony interior. Was very tempted to go the tan leather but without seeing one I was not game. Went the safe route instead.

Saved the money on the RSE and went extra drive assist and off road packs plus all the connectivity options and 4 zone climate being in Queensland. 😀

Looking forward to getting it and moving into a more modern platform.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum