Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Failed drivers window

Well took the disco for MOT today 2018 passed no trouble, on the way home the drivers window was playing up, went down wouldn't go back up. It did move up and down about 2mm so wasn't the control unit. When I got home I stripped the door card off removed the large plastic moulding & after having a good look I noticed the front wire had a broken strand & that strand was loosely rapped around the good part of the wire & was jamming when trying to put the window up & down. So the outcome is it will require a full new window mechanism which includes the motor. Over £200 quid, I have a warranty with Warranty Direct, gave them a phone & it's covered. I phoned LR parts they have 5 on back order + mine guy say's 3 to 5 weeks. It is a bit ridicules a car this price 35,000 miles 4yrs old needs this replace.

When I removed door card there was quite a lot of water around & the front wire was well rusted probably why the strands are now snapping. Evil or Very Mad

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

The window mechanism failure is becoming a common problem it seems.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Yeah Stoat seems to be, it really is a cheap rubbish design shame I love my disco5 but door locks window mechanisms & other thing kind of spoil it. Crying or Very sad

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum