Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Is 2% discount off list price for new a good deal, right now

So I might be tempted to look at order a new Disco after all, and the dealer I'm talking to is talking about a 2% discount, and saying discounts haven't been available at all this last year.

Is that true? Is 2% about the best out there, or is this all salesman talk?

I'm not very close to the new car market right now, albeit I understand the lead times and huge semi-conductor issues, but has that wiped away most discounts entirely?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

I got a very good discount via DriveTheDeal last year - no idea what current discounts are but might be worth a look
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: Is 2% discount off list price for new a good deal, right now

747_JK wrote:
    So I might be tempted to look at order a new Disco after all, and the dealer I'm talking to is talking about a 2% discount, and saying discounts haven't been available at all this last year.

I'm not very close to the new car market right now, albeit I understand the lead times and huge semi-conductor issues, but has that wiped away most discounts entirely?

I would want a lot more than 2% discount having to wait over a year for delivery !
  • gavsta

Some dealers are offering no discount. With a huge backlog of orders and so few cars coming through, there appears to be little concern of shifting their allocation.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I put an application in on Carwow earlier, and 4 dealers declined to bid, and only one did - offering 1%!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Assuming the Ukraine crises doesn’t escalate into full out war, you won’t get a discount. You will have to wait a couple of years by which time LR will be producing electric or hybrid Discos or worse still, simply not producing them anymore and the part ex prices is mega down. Compared to last years high, I am now down £10k.

I’d personally hold off buying anything just now.
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Interested to see your valuation down - it must depend on age or something. Mine (8months old) is still showing on WBAC as 9K more than I paid and has risen since I last looked a couple of weeks ago...
  • Craigp
    England 

Mine peaked in November £34000. Now £31000 the same as last May obviously nearly a year older and more mileage. I'm afraid Darras is not known for his positive Disco post. Laughing
  • Whippetman
    England 

He’s usually right though !

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thank you Whippetman. Thumbs Up

The figures speak for themselves. I’ve no need to lie and I wish it were different. I’ve possibly got the offer to buy emails somewhere. You don’t buy a Disco as an investment. They will loose money. If they are offering a lot more money than you paid, take it, I wish I had.

As for being less than positive about Discos, I’ve had 7, Ive taken the brunt of lousy dealerships and LRCS. I’ve also had a terrible experience rejecting one that went to the Solicitor before I got my money back.

Why do I still have one? You simply can’t get a new car easily and within an acceptable timeframe & I’ve other things going on including two civil matters with my Solicitors that’s taking my time up.

I simply speak as I see it. It’s an opinion, take it or leave it, but an opinion borne out by experience.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Ditched mine due to terrible LR dealership “service” or lack of their care even their lies with which l caught them out.
    Unreliability of the vehicle too!
    If you have a good one then your lucky.
    This was my 5th LR in 15 years and I should have walked from dealers after number 2
    Never again.
    Great shame as I loved the brand but have moved on.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

Re: Is 2% discount off list price for new a good deal, right now

747_JK wrote:

Would be interesting to see if the deal guarantees the pricing ,as its worthless without.
    Many things at the moment are being sold on you having to order with no price until delivered.
    For example ordering new tractor for the farm circa 300k but no price fixed until the dealer receives it in 10 months time. Rolling with laughter Red diesel just the same orders take 10-14 days and price on day ,got some yesterday price we paid at christmas + 110% Censored
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Don’t start me on that. I took an offer on Domestic Kerosene yesterday 700lt top up at 88p + VAT. Took it because there’s nothing worse than running out. The point being a couple of places wouldn’t quote me cos I hadn’t purchased fuel in the last year and another wouldn’t price me up until the night before delivery, at which point I could refuse. Anyway, that should last me until July, at winter consumption rates. so I’ll take it from there.

Thank God I got rid of the oil fired Aga, nice but tres expensive on fuel.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

You did better than us we had to pay 99.9p a litre for heating oil this week and had to pay upfront or the price was not guaranteed.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I know the prices are all over the place. I could have waited, but I don’t know that it will be any cheaper even if the output is increased by the Arabs.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum