Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Extended warranty cover

I have a 2019 Discovery HSE LUX and the LR warranty runs out in June. I contacted Warranty Direct for a quote and it was £2344 for one year which seems excessive to me. Car has full dealer service history.
    What do others pay for extended warranty or any recommendations please.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

For my 2018 HSE with 44k on it at the time last September, I paid £1142.00 for Land Rover Extended Warranty with Land Rover Assistance... Have owned the car since new and always had the warranty extended.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

That’s more what I was expecting. Thanks.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I too did the same as 747_jk.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

Motoreasy quoted me £1500 for 24 months cover for extended warranty. But they bout limits of £60 labour per hour and don't cover a number of items like crank case etc, no electrics at all and nothing to do with the braking system no matter what it is. Sounds cheap but, to me, does not cover the main items that you would need.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

If you service your car in the main dealer network, I wouldn't want to be without the LR extended warranty. Sat in the customer waiting area during servicing and heard too many customers without the LR warranty hearing what's not covered with their third party cover, and just always sounds like so much more hassle when they are being asked to explore issues/faults.

Have you queried with LR why you weren't being offered the same price I paid?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

The painless nature of the official warranty seems well worth it.

I had the emission warning light come on, because of a faulty probe in the exhaust. Experience was exactly the same as if still under the original factory warranty. Phoned up, booked in, job done, with no hassle or cost.

Warranty cost same as quoted by 747.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

I shall be contacted LR again on Tuesday re extended warranty as I’m nit completely happy with all the third party, cheaper for a reason, warranties on offer. Thanks for replies.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 

Just a follow up on the subject of warranties. My original quote from Motoreasy was in the region of £1500 a few months back to start in September 2023. Just had a phone call and email from them quoting 18 months from September covering just about everything for £485 with h £50 excess per claim. Why do I not believe them.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Remind us, what was LR offering for its own warranty. If you use the LR dealer network, I would only want a LR warranty. Too painful otherwise, and the costings you've highlighted from this other company make them sound totally unreliable (or like their starting point was a complete rip-off)

• terryall
    United Kingdom 

Interesting that LR do not seem to be offering 3 year extended warranties anymore. I’ve tried numerous times for a quote on their web site with no luck yet they have just written to me offering a one year deal for either £850 or just over £1k with break down cover. I might just go with it as they use the AA and a direct quote from them is the same.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum