Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Signing into Nav and InControl

Hi all,

Just picked up my D5 over the weekend. I have the remainder of the original 3 years 4G connectivity, InControl remote/secure tracker etc. This is active and working as I have full use of the InControl remote apps.

I've been trying to login to the Nav in order to complete linking the vehicle with the 'here' account, so I can get updates - I always get an error saying an error occurred on their side and to try again later.

Anyone else had this? Am I trying to login to the wrong account? Does the vehicle need to be unlinked from the previous owners 'here' account - in addition to their InControl account which the dealer clearly has done already?

I tried to login to pro-services using my InControl account and that didn't work either - whereas it works fine in the iPhone App etc - so I'm wondering if it's something else like the in-car unit not liking complex passwords.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

They are 2 separate systems and you need to create an account on the HERE site and then add your car.

Not sure if you have done that, if so then maybe still linked to the previous owner?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

That's what I'm thinking. I created a HERE account, logged in on the web and entered my VIN. That was fine and it told me to login in the vehicle to complete the linking process. It's in the vehicle where I try to login, it thinks about it and then says something has gone wrong on their side and to try again later.

Who do I contact to get support on this? There doesn't seem to be any support available via the HERE site so I'm guessing just JLR customer services?
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

That was the error I was getting when my data sim stopped working at the three year old point. I put a new sim in and it worked OK.

However if the incontrol apps are working, I am not sure that could be your problem
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

No it shouldn't, the car is 2.5 years old so the sim will still work for a while. I also have it connected to my home WiFi.

I called JLR who transferred me to HERE. They have asked me to send a screenshot of the error along with the VIN and they'll see what's going on. As suggested earlier it may just still be linked to the previous owner.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Odd, I presume you can now download map updates on the Incontrol Route Planners site?

What happens if you use the Route Planner and try to SYNC with the car?

Are you trying to log into the car with your Imcontrol credentials or the land Rover Here credentials?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Rebel17
    United States 
    2019 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I think you're on the right track...

I had a similar issue when I first got my Discovery. I could log into the HERE website on my computer and phone without issue, but it would not accept my credentials when I tried logging in on the vehicle. I wound up changing the password on the HERE website to something fairly simple with no special characters and was able to log in on the vehicle without issue.

I'm not 100% this will resolve your issue, but if your password has any special characters, I would suggest changing it to one without them and trying again.

I hope this helps.
  • gavsta

Passwords containing special characters are a common issue with online or cloud services, and it rears its ugly head, when accessing one's account from multiple devices.

For example, RingGo the parking app, which is now integrated into PiviPro. To access a RingGo account via the app and the website, a password without special characters, was required. Usually, customer support departments are unaware of such bugs.

I suspect the issue lies with the authentication servers, for different backend systems, playing nicely with each other.

Nb; the password does not need to be simple, just try without special characters, e.g. zLJobipr3ZoP
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

I suspect this is the root of the problem, HERE support seem clueless. I had changed my password to something quite simple for testing purposes as I was sick of typing a long complex password into the Nav - that said as a techie with good security awareness I still have one special character in it.

I'll try now with a very simple password with no special characters. If it works I'll change it to a longer more complex password, but without special characters.
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

That seemed to sort it - thanks!

I still can't get map updates as I add the vehicle to the account, it says successfully added but upon returning to the maps and services it shows no vehicles. Still suspecting this might be due to it being linked to a previous owners account.

Have updated HERE support but I'm not going to hold my breath for a useful or helpful follow-up.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Had similar issues sorting mine out, I was able to log the previous owner out of the Nav HERE account. Then registered my account on a desktop and signed in with my details. All good, I even took the details down of the home address and name should I need to contact the previous owner.

Yes, don’t use a ! In the password like I did as the infotainment keyboard in the car is limited on special characters! Laughing

I had to contact JLR to try remove the previous owner so I could add under My Landrover account. Went around the houses with that too!
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

I managed to get it all sorted out now, seemed to take 24h after I signed in on the Nav unit for the HERE website to recognise that and make the map updates available to me.

I also managed to re-register the Ubigi.me SIM with my details and the 4G connectivity now works properly, before it was showing as connected but actually wasn't passing data for Live features. Odd as the incontrol remote app was still working.. Upside is it looks like the Ubigi SIM has reset to give 36 months of service for free - result!
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

No idea what that sim is or where! I thought it was just always activated. All the features seem to work for me, however I do need to stump up a subscription for the map updates now.
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

You basically just follow this guide: https://jaguarlandrover.ubigi.com/getting-started/

That gets the SIM properly registered to you, so you can see how much data you have and top-up etc. I believe you only get 36 months of service for free when the car is new but perhaps that's changed, or if you brought the car from a main dealers perhaps they reset it and registered to you.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum