Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Missed the Boat.

Order placed with £1000 deposit for 3litre SE with elec tow bar on the 5th October. Still no car or any idea when arriving. New road tax now in force, anybody else similarly let down by land rover. Mad
  • Rstebbings
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes cancelled my order, and walked a way with a Range Rover sport instead

MY20 D5 HSE Lux - Carpathian Grey
    MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
  • J77
    Scotland 

Electric tow bar is the problem.

I ordered an SE back in June, it went like clock work.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Re: Missed the Boat.

Craigp wrote:
    Order placed with £1000 deposit for 3litre SE with elec tow bar on the 5th October. Still no car or any idea when arriving. New road tax now in force, anybody else similarly let down by land rover. Mad

Dealers looking at recompensating customers whose orders have been stalled I heard so hang in there. Was up in my local branch today and a First Edition Farallon Black with Nimbus Interior exact same as my specification in the show room with 4 miles on the clock. Was not happy.

Also first time I have seen the height adjustable tow bar today. Not as pleasant on the eye as the D4 one which was symmetrical. Plus only has 2 holes for adjusting by looks of it as am sure D4 had 3/4 holes. Also sits lower down than deployable by looks of it.

• Craigp
    England 

All I want is a little honesty I have been made promises that I have seen disappear. My last one is they will honour my original price for trade in, nothing in writing so fingers crossed. I know it's out of the dealers hands but as I have said before, when I ask them why my car is delayed they feel they have answered the question by saying "I don't know" I then put to them is it the colour or its a SE or the towbar. He seized on that saying he had heard something about tow bars I than pointed it out to him its was me who had told him after reading it on here some months ago. He has now promised me he will contact JLR for a update instead of just looking at the screen and saying no change to me.
    Anybody recently received a vehicle with the electric tow bar?
    Oh well. All's well that ends well I suppose.
    Banging Head Banging Head
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I know how you feel mate, it a Censored nightmare. too say the least!!! I feel so let down also. Was doing all the chasing and phoning and emailing. Was on the brink of cancelling that's how close a call it came too. Only saving grace is the loan D5. Had i still had the DS which my wife hated it was a definitive cancellation if car was not registered before April 1st. Also LR making promises and not honouring them feels like a big risk on the customers behalf as we have nothing in writing only hearsay. I dont see why they won't honour your trade in FFS since they were quick enough too take your deposit. Another dealer today told me that there is issue with stocks of deployable tow bars, and several customers waiting for their cars. It beggars belief no back up stock. It's not as if it is a loaf of bread or a pint of milk that will go stale or sour after a few days, which only cost penny's, but it's solid bits of almost rust proof metal that costs £££s. I dont think LR had anticipated such a big demand for the car and deployable tow bars. Have shot themselves in the foot, what with customers now cancelling orders and the VED compensation, will cost them a packet. An expensive lesson too be learned, plus in my opinion, always be prepared. Better too overstock than understock as always demand for towbars. Penny wise and Pound foolish that's LR in my opinion Censored Censored Censored

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 2nd Apr 2017 7:31 am. Edited 5 times in total
  • Craigp
    England 

Yes as you say if it is the ETB holding things up then someone has messed up big time. I won't hold my breath for JLR to compensate all the latest orders just hoping they do. The 5 year service plan would be a nice gesture. But they will probably just send me some tyre valve caps with land rover on them. Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well at least you got the valve caps mate as I got diddly squat. Laughing I got all the excuses, body flexing, orange peel paint issues, no transporters, missing engines, lack of towbars,the list is endless.

Also some customers are getting flowers. Nice gesture for the ladies as would be a case of beer for the men
    Laughing

No use crying over split milk but I empathise 110% too say the least as I been though it and its heartbreaking and I truly feel for all the other guys in the same boat. Just have too ride the storm out am afraid Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 2nd Apr 2017 11:06 am. Edited 2 times in total
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I got an umbrella as a gift and since taking delivery of the car it's spent the whole time (except for 2 days) either being looked at by Land Rover Assist or in the dealers.

I suspect there's more to the electric tow bar fiasco than has yet been admitted.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Still no luck then ffs. I take it your easter holidays been cancelled or they given you a D5 with a towbar in the mean time.??
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I've been given a Full Fat Range Rover with a tow bar and a spare number plate.

As much as I appreciate the effort, I've paid for a car that's to my own spec and I'm not getting to drive it. Really getting quite Censored off now.

The problem is with Land Rover Technical Assist who send stupid questions to the dealer along the lines of, "have you tried turning it on first?" then take 8 hours to reply to the response. If they took this seriously and sent a suitably qualified diagnostician to visit the car the whole thing could probably have been resolved by now. The fact that they won't do this strongly suggests to me that there's a fundamental underlying problem they don't want to admit to.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes I know what you mean. Sad

I forgot too pick up the spare number plate even though I emailed the garage beforehand asking for one.

Yes exactly, you payed for something too your own specification, and you can't use it. I well understand the frustration.

We have had too cancel our Easter Disneyland Paris break as the DS was too small plus no tow bar. I can't see that LR will compensate, plus kids are gutted. 😞

Also not keen taking something that is not mine, and I have an accident abroad, as the French arent know to be the best of drivers. Even though similar car it's not mine, plus it's not too my specification just like you said. It's like borrowing someones suit for a wedding. Rolling Eyes
  • Craigp
    England 

I was promised a D5 to loan initially but that then turned into a D'S one of reasons for that was they didn't want to spoil my handover 'experience ' when mine finally came. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I bet if you had a loan D5 your car would be here alot quicker 👍

Am just glad as the DS was tiny compared too the D5 plus gives me a good bit of time too suss the infotainment out and get used too driving it, as all my cars in the past have been manuals Thumbs Up

My handovers already been soured no matter how they try too sugar coat it. Sad
  • Craigp
    England 

I did consider if I had a loan vehicle things may progress faster but going away in the caravan to Scotland for a couple of weeks in April and didn't want to jeopardise that. I consider it my good deed for the year. The natives so look forward to my visits bringing news and the like. I then exchange shiney baubles for whisky. Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum