Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Defender 130... first thoughts? I'm really not keen at all!

Spotted the first pics I'd seen on social media at lunchtime... and I really don't like it! Surely this can't be the future for us 7-seat loving Discovery fans.

I genuinely think it's really ugly in its stretched form, and really, REALLY, not for me.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/defender/index.html

And the pricing! OMG! More than a Discovery for the equivalent model!

No thank you!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Twins ??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

Those still running D4s wont have such an issue with the look. Also look at most top end US vehicles and their tastes. From rumours if you want 7 seats you may need to get over that. JLR are only going to be pushing high end vehicles in the near future with over inflated price tags and who can blame them they are not stupid and would like some of the premium you get selling a new delivered Defender at the moment. Personally I cant see why people are getting so carried away with them.
  • eelpout
    United States 

it's huge.

though I'm not sure its cargo capacity isn't that much bigger than the Disco for being OVER A FOOT longer.

and the seats still don't go actually flat??

• gavsta

Aesthetically, the rear overhang is too long, which reminds me of the American school bus:

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Not just aesthetically, a long overhang is undesirable for towing heavily loaded trailers.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Had a shot of a new 110 petrol the other day. Absolutely useless for carrying anything but 4 people with no luggage, but it went like Censored off a shovel. It would be fine for a couple. Whistle
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

The 110? Or the 90?

Decent space in the rear of the 110 - but avoid the 3rd row option if you can. The Discovery's 3rd row is much better, and the 130's would be better still, if you need it.

the 90 - yeah, a couple gym bags crammed behind the rear seats would be about all you could get.
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The foot longer is all the ridiculous spare wheel sticking out the back for the faux-roaders. Makes it harder to park for Censored all benefit and have you have that daft heavy door you can't open anywhere, can't power open and the hatch is narrower.

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    The foot longer is all the ridiculous spare wheel sticking out the back for the faux-roaders. Makes it harder to park for Censored all benefit and have you have that daft heavy door you can't open anywhere, can't power open and the hatch is narrower.

My first SUV was a late 80's Nissan Pathfinder back in the day. It had this huge swing-mount spare tire carrier. Awful. Then I had a 1992(?) Isuzu Trooper with a rear tire on one of the two doors, it would always want to self-close with the weight of the tire, even on a slight angle. Laughing

I think I've done my time with those things.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum