Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

How do you do that? I thought it only did that if it became grounded?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Keep your finger on the button.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Cheers, I will give it a try.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Craigp
    England 

I did, just went to extended and stayed there. Like you I thought it only went to super extended on bottoming out.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, some confusion, forgot as I do it automatically - go into off road height, press brake peddle and keep it there, then press and hold the height switch for at least 3 seconds. Car should go up a further amount.

I know on D3/4’s it didn’t always work on all cars. Not sure why. Works on the D5 or mine at least. I am sure there another way of doing it from the boot switch as well. Can’t remember if it’s boot open, hazards on and press height button for at least 3 seconds from rear whilst in off road mode.

You certainly don’t need to bottom it out or bung jacks underneath to fool it to go into super extended mode.
  • Craigp
    England 

Ok will give that a try. Not that I would ever play a trick on the wife Wink
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

It’s not got a lot to do with getting in and out, it’s more about side protection, as generally if someone at the side of you chucks their door open it hits the steps, not your doors Thumbs Up

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Very interesting... never thought about it like that (protection). So you are saying it's a better investment that the black plastic side mouldings I normally pay a small fortune for as an accessory!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Yes it is, as you get a dual benefit of side protection and somewhere to assist smaller folks getting in, and it helps you when washing the car as you can reach onto the roof easier.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

I had them thrown into the deal on my D5 in the end. Very pleased I insisted on having them, it's something I really missed having on my last X5. As people have said there are multiple benefits - a bit of side protection, a bit of protection against stonechips, easier access in tight spaces, access without leaving dirty footprints on the door sills, something to stand on if tying a load onto the roof etc.

As someone confirmed, no additional cabin noise which I was a little concerned about.

I know some people like the slick sporty look but let's face it this isn't a 911 and even with the dynamic pack the steps don't look out of place at all. For me they are a must on a large car like this. It's a bit like roof bars - who wouldn't want the option of carrying something on the roof with a car like this. These should be standard items on all trims.
  • Craigp
    England 

After posting on here a little while ago about removing my side steps from my current car my2017 and fitting on my yet to arrive my2023 Road Runner a poster on here kindly contacted me saying he thought that there are differences between model years. Checked on a few sites that stock them and that does seem to be the case. Some don't mention a difference but some do. Anyone know what the differences are? It's a difficult question to ask a supplier as he wants to sell you some new.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum