Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

Spare wheels

Morning all
    We’re coming back to the Disco after a couple of Audis and apparently it’s being delivered in October.

I’m a bit puzzled to be told by the dealers that there is no spare wheel option at all, only the tyre repair kit. Is this really true?

Thanks
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I've certainly got a spare tyre spec'd on mine... when the order finally moved out of the dealer holding pool.......

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

The message I got was that the repair kit was the only option. This being an R-Dynamic SE
  • gavsta

I appreciate it's a different spec, but I've a full size spare coming on a Metropolitan, which is about to be built.

Looking at the online configurator, both the Reduced section alloy spare and the 21" full size spare are available as options for the R-Dynamic SE, in lieu of the Tyre Repair System.
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

I’ll ask the dealer again, but thanks for that
  • Craigp
    England 

I'm told by my dealer that the option for a reduced spare was removed in June. I was in a similar position as you but I have been chasing them up for months about a spare. Initially when I ordered, a reduced spare was standard free option. It then went to a cost option( £125 ) which I said I wanted but they kept missing it off. I chased it up again that's when they told me a reduced spare are not available only full size. They asked if I wanted the full size I replied yes if you are paying which they have agreed to minus what a reduced spare cost. I did threaten to remove the spare from this car I traded it in with them. But anyhow I got a result.
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

I had ordered a reduced size spare too, then was told at the end of July that was not an option and neither was the full size. But I could pay for a tyre repair kit if I wanted. So let’s see what they say as I’ve asked again about the online spec tool.
  • gavsta

I've not had a spare wheel since a SAAB in 2009. A variety of German cars have had the sealant repair kits - no choice on offer.

Now with the D5, the option of a full size spare chimes with my anxiety meter, despite never having suffered a puncture Shocked
  • Molesworth
    United Kingdom 

I’ve just had to take a puncture down the road to KwikFit, not repairable, and no spare wheel.

It’s not a WLTP thing is it, i.e. weight reduction?
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Weight and therefore emissions. I remember adding the full size spare and my emissions went up by (1kg/km I think) on the configurator!

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum