Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

My order R dynamic SE. Originally ordered with the D250 engine but changed to the D300 when they suspended production sometime last year. Ordered in September 2021
  • AAWM
    United Kingdom 

I've jumped ship to a Jaguar F-Pace D300 Sport. One arrived at the dealership a few days ago that they didn't know was coming in. It so happened I was in enquiring about the D5. They were planning to swap their showroom model with this new one but I got in at the right time. It needs a towbar to be fitted and have had to go with detachable rather than a deployable but such is life. It hadn't even had it's PDI.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Craigp wrote:
    My order R dynamic SE. Originally ordered with the D250 engine but changed to the D300 when they suspended production sometime last year. Ordered in September 2021

Don't blame you for having had enough. It's a sad state of affairs at LR.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Craigp
    England 

No I'm still hopeful ☺️ it's AAWM who's jumped ship.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Sorry!! Of course....

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • RAW
    England 

Mine was due to go into Build on Friday with a delivery date of Feb, hopefully will get confirmed tomorrow that it is in build .
    The only thing that had changed from my original specs was no surround sound but as it is a R dynamic HSE Commercial im not too worried about that.
  • RAW
    England 

Update.
    Well a call today from the dealer shocked me as the system now states that my new vehicle is built and on route to the docks so looking like February arrival at the dealers.
    Showing all specs are correct as ordered.
    Seems i was lucky to get the interactive Dash though as its now not available again.
  • Maff123
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Wiil they let you wait and register it on 1st March?
    My dealer is saying they have to be registered within 15 days of delivery.
  • RAW
    England 

Yes I can register it first of march if it arrives in time to do so, its due at dealers mid Feb according to there system
  • Maff123
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

How do you know whether your price is protected?
    I ordered mine October’21, not been told anything.
    It’s now built and arrives in February
  • RAW
    England 

I was informed of a slight increase when they went to MY23 but also a reduction as it’s not going to have the surround sound. This i agreed to which i think helped in getting it into build.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Anyone get any rumblings about MY24 order submittal dates? If I remember the changeover is often in March.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

harrythespider wrote:
    I actually think the new Defender is a poor relation to the D5.
    The D5 is just as capable, has better loadspace and far superior rear access, When I priced up similar spec Defender and D5, the D5 came out cheaper. I don't know how many D5's are on back order, but I bet it equates to a small fortune and well worth the manufacture.

I see in autocar some more interesting figures re Landrover sales .
    5000 on back order is indeed peanuts to a manufacturer the size of JLR , however needs looking at against 1984 Discoveries sold in the last 12 months , could take a while to clear the backlog if indeed ever.!
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

They're not building them so they can concentrate on Defenders. They stopped building the pre-facelift to swap over to the new model presumably, so 2nd values started to rise then, and volumes haven't really recovered since Covid.

Sadly, many Defenders are spec'd higher than Discoverys so are getting priority. However, if you watch PowerfulUK on YT, you see that things like USB ports are a lottery and whether you get them seems to be more about what's available at build than what you may have ordered or expected.

As an FYI, if you're thinking of ordering without the space saver spare, and thinking you can get a spare wheel later, this is what you get...

Looks a bit bare!

I'm not sure I buy the no demand bit, as if you collate the sales figures (from JLR's own site) it's hard to see where the 4/5 cutover was. What's not hard to see is where Project Reimagine started ... As far as I can see they're selling approx 3,500 Discoverys per quarter at the moment, which is worldwide. This is down about 2/3rds on the volumes pre-covid.
  • RAW
    England 

I’m going to see mine at the dealers this week and have been informed that i have a full sized spare wheel, interactive dash and 2 keys only item there struggling to get is the multi height towbar at the moment.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum