Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just had a call from my dealer to say my Metropolitan, ordered mid-March '22, has a build date of 2 June, Original price won't be honoured (they aren't honouring any prices, as people ordered MY22, and it's now MY23.5), but the % discount (I think it was 1.5%) from a special sales weekend I ordered it on will be...

They couldn't confirm the price, but suggested I could use the website to get the latest price, and then minus the discount from that...

Couldn't confirm whether it would have a digi dash or not at this stage. But they know I'd reject if it didn't come with it... And I can adjust the spec until 19 April, then it's locked in.

Really tough one. I'm torn between whether to keep it or order the new X5 hybrid which I'm due to be borrowing for 24 hrs as soon as my dealer get their new demo in a few weeks. Until 10 years ago, I always had Beemers. The X5 looks really nice, but a smaller boot I'd have to get used to. The dash looks phenomenal (and guaranteed digital!)... Hmmm, tough choice ahead! Diesel only for another 4.5 years, or hybrid with a 70mile elec range, but pay about another £8k on top for it. Lead time about 4-5months max for an X5.

What do I do?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

That's a very personal decision. For me, I don't like the BMW dashboard - in the same way I don't like the new Range Rover dashboard. But - that's just me and thankfully we are not all the same.
    In terms of the Disco, having waited nearly 2 years for mine, the price protection was important (although I am paying to upgrade from the original D250 order to D300). Over this time, the part exchange value has also gone down as the mileage went up. Based on what you are saying, you would be unprotected from another price increase before the summer, should that happen.
    I think if you have a chance to test drive the BMW you will probably know after that which you prefer - so delays and/or price fluctuation may or may not be the key issue.

Hope it works out ok.
  • Craigp
    England 

Picked it up at last. Just got to get to grips with the new features. Very pleased with it. But obviously the handover didn't go well. We arrived a little early and there was a car ready for the great unveiling except no cover on it. No one in reception so basically wandering around. A salesman approaches, I explain I've come to pick up a new car . He says is that it pointing to the car. I hope not is my reply because that's a different car reg than I was given. Anyhow after much apologising I was able to alter my insurance details. They put me £50 of diesel in. They then put the cover on
    then pulled it off Laughing

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looks very nice. I hope you have many happy years with it. Just check it's got everything on it it is supposed to have. Thumbs Up

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Picked it up at last. Just got to get to grips with the new features. Very pleased with it. But obviously the handover didn't go well. We arrived a little early and there was a car ready for the great unveiling except no cover on it. No one in reception so basically wandering around. A salesman approaches, I explain I've come to pick up a new car . He says is that it pointing to the car. I hope not is my reply because that's a different car reg than I was given. Anyhow after much apologising I was able to alter my insurance details. They put me £50 of diesel in. They then put the cover on
    then pulled it off Laughing

Good you are happy with it - despite Registration Number!

I picked mine up this morning - its a great improvement on the 2018 one I had (which I had always liked). Came with everything I wanted. Audio is excellent - Salesman says it was upgraded. Also has Wireless Charging - which is another 2023 upgrade (didn't order it as phone doesn't charge wirelessly). 3litre diesel compared to 2L is excellent.
    At the moment I don't seem to be getting 4G so need to sort with dealer next week. They have been great - free Brolly, Landrover mug plus full tank of Diesel.
  • Craigp
    England 

Yes got the upside-down brolly and the drinks container which says don't put boiling water in it. Not sure if I'm getting 4g or not. Still playing with the system. Need to fit some side steps. Will have a go at that next week weather permitting plus the dash cam.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

I ordered a dash cam a few days ago - so that will be fitted when it arrives (on back-order I believe).
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cracking looking motor Craig. Love the gloss black and white contrast of the exterior. Looks very classy. Like the 2 tone seats as well. Enjoy mate. Cool Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Craigp
    England 

Thanks for that Road Runner. Pretty pleased with it myself. Wife's going to have to step up a bit more to keep it clean Cool
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mrs is thinking of white next, as well, as blacks a nightmare to keep clean. She saw one in showroom last week when in for it's service.
    Ha ha a pair of marigolds for Xmas then Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Looks like a much thicker rimmed steering wheel than the MY2018 ones, which I've never been as keen on as a chunk wheel!

Top look car, really like. Done 500 miles today and saw several other Discos - made me realise how much I like the car/brand, so any X5 decision is, I think, passing. And now I've seen how smart yours look, I think I'll be sticking with the Disco order. So long as the interactive display is honoured!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    Really tough one. I'm torn between whether to keep it or order the new X5 hybrid which I'm due to be borrowing for 24 hrs as soon as my dealer get their new demo in a few weeks. Until 10 years ago, I always had Beemers. The X5 looks really nice, but a smaller boot I'd have to get used to. The dash looks phenomenal (and guaranteed digital!)... Hmmm, tough choice ahead! Diesel only for another 4.5 years, or hybrid with a 70mile elec range, but pay about another £8k on top for it. Lead time about 4-5months max for an X5.

Are you putting through a business? The 70 mile range is very very appealing from a BIK point of view. That said the RRS also has that range and you'd get the same benefits.

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

John C wrote:
    Are you putting through a business? The 70 mile range is very very appealing from a BIK point of view. That said the RRS also has that range and you'd get the same benefits.

No, I take this on a PCP, so it's not a company car in that sense. So it's less of an incentive.

But from an environmental perspective, the 70 miles is an incentive...

I did look to move to a RRS, but the dealer said I'd be starting in the queue again, and waiting around 18 months.... Plus, a part of me thinks buying a "new model" LR or RR is not good sense... At least, it takes them a good few years to make them a bit more reliable!

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Have seen with my own eyes a freshly delivered MY23.5 Metropolitan with the Meridian Surround installed... and full sized spare... HUD and IDD...
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

That's reassuring. My Metropolitan arrives at the dealer on Monday, and handover is expected Thursday. They tell me - and the build sheet suggests - all the important bits are on it.

The only thing I don't understand on the build sheet is this line:

094AF Row 1 USB x 1

It's the only reference to USB on there. Worries me it's coming with a single USB port in the whole car, which will be hugely irritating and disappointing. But surely, if they can find spare tyres, HUD, and even Meridian Surround, surely they can find some USB ports. I mean, you can buy them on Amazon & Ebay.

Anyone any wiser what 094AF means? Are my fears correct...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum