Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AAWM
    United Kingdom 

Ah well. The latest estimate is now maybe next March that's from placing the order last October. Apparently the spare wheel either full size or space saver is no longer available as an option and you have to make do with the glue and compressor. The decision now is whether to stick with Byron Blue or change to Portifino blue but that might be too much like my Disco 4 in Loire Blue.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

FFRR is a 12 month wait, i was told the other day, maybe longer.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

Just got confirmation today that mine should be delivered on the 25th of November. Just under 12 months from order to delivery.
  • Metro
    United Kingdom 

Transcript.

Thought people may be interested in this conversation I had with Land Rover on the 29th of September regarding the Discovery.

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Don’t quite understand how a shortage of semi conductors necessitates the removal of the spare wheel. Confused
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

so how do they build the high end models with some of these features as standard?
  • gavsta

My Metropolitan has been built, and should be with the dealer in a couple of weeks. The only warning I've received regarding parts or options, is the single smart key. We shall see what arrives!

There's been a lot of talk about deals and discounts, and whether they are being honoured. In case you are interested, this is my experience: The original order for a MY22 D300 R‑Dynamic HSE, was placed July 2021 and a discount offered. The order was rebooked twice more, with MY23 and MY23.5 Metropolitans, and the same discount was carried over. Considering the discounts are given at the dealer level, this is at their discretion. Note, I'm not referring to a discount percentage, but a fixed number. With the price increases, and some option changes, the latest order is roughly £5k more than the original.

If someone has a fixed % discount, they are very lucky (or delusional), as the real-terms value of that has increased along with the prices, which would be amazing in this financial climate.

In terms of processing orders, the dealer has again been very straightforward. I was told my position in the queue, and as they were allocated built slots each month during covid, my position moved up. A simple first come, first served basis. When I got to #1, LR took the build allocation back in-house, so it's taken quite a few months to get a build slot.

Overall, the dealer has been straightforward and honourable. Communication has been largely driven by me, but then again, the dealer hasn't had much to say, apart from "Still waiting!".

Finally, I'm buying with PCP and the APR has carried over from the original order.
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

rkonstantinov wrote:
    Indeed, I suspect the same. The reason I asked is that my metropolitan also seems to be missing the gesture tailgate, or at least I’m not able to make it work. So, wondering if this is common and if there is some “official” information.

So, to answer my own question. Indeed, my Metropolitan left the factory without the gesture tailgate module, and there is a campaign to add it by the dealer when available:

• Craigp
    England 

Contacted my dealer for an update as it had returned to the pool and original date (October cancelled). D300 R dynamic SE. New build date has been added that very weekend. Now looking at March. So if it does actually arrive then I will have been waiting 18 months.
  • RAW
    England 

Mine was due on Dec23rd but now back to mid January and they have downgraded the stereo to merridan system. Surround sound is not available at the moment if i still wanted it i would have gone back into the pool again. I was informed this downgrade is across the full range of vehicles. Mine is a commercial so dont think it will effect me much although i think if it doesnt arrive until the end of January i will wait until 1st March
  • Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

I put my order in last week for SE R-Dynamic and was told the Surround Sound was no longer available as an option and also the only engine was the D300 in the Diesel range.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

My new metropolitan should be ready for pick up next Monday, 😀 nearly a year to the day from my original order. Was starting to wonder how they were going to fit it down the chimney.😆
  • gavsta

I get the impression that cars are starting to flow from JLR again. My Metropolitan is being transported tomorrow. Alas, it's going directly to have PPF applied, so it'll be this time next week, when I finally get to see what I've been waiting 17 months for.

It seems that nothing is missing from the build, so I have two keys and the gesture tailgate... or so I've been told.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

17 months is Censored stupid. I wouldn’t wait. What next, collect a new car and immediately start an order for a new one?
  • gavsta

The clarity of hindsight. We didn’t need to change our car (as I’m still being reminded), so the wait didn’t really matter too much. In this case, at what arbitrary point would we have walked away? We always assumed it wouldn’t be much longer, once we reached the top of the dealer’s build allocation list.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum