Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GreenLane
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

HSE LUX - Approved Used - what should I check for!?

Hello all, the day has come to move on from my Disco 4. I already have a sinking feeling that I might regret it, as despite its odd foible; it's been the car I've owned the longest of any.

In any case, I've gone for an early Disco 5 - approved used with 30k miles on. A 67 plate. I have the following questions:

- The car was registered 8 September 2017. Does this make it a MY17 or MY18 ?

- With it being an HSE LUX, what should I check is included? Example: the screens in the back... does each screen have its own remote control? In other words, should I ask to see 2 x remotes or is one the norm?

- As above but with headphones?

- I will ask them to update all software and confirm. But anything in particular I should check?

- I have a wheel protector on my D4 spare that I bought. Will the same protector fit the D5 spare?

That's it for now!! Thank you for any help.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Greenlane, simplest visual check 17 vs 18my is the dash, if its analogue dials its 17my, interactive dash its 18my. If your spare wheel plate is for a pre adblue D4 it will fit ok and is needed just as much as the D4. As regards software, biggest thing is to make sure the infotainment has been updated, the central screen will be 3 tile if updated, if not it will be 4 tile.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

Also I assume its a TDV6 and not the I4D otherwise budget for a new engine as failures appear to be alot more prevalent on the I4.

• GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

I think it's a MY17 then.

Regard engine failure, it's approved used Land Rover so shouldn't worry about this should I!?

Any idea on the headphones / remotes ? I want to be sure all is included.
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Also, the D4 I have is a 64 plate and is pre - Adblu (just!) - so you're saying that the wheel protector will fit the D5 ?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

GreenLane, it should have 1 remote control and 2 sets of headphones for the rear passengers.

If it has the Digital TV specced, then there will be 3 sets of headphones, but still 1 remote for the rear seat passengers, as the front passenger can change the channels and volume controls etc from the front infotainment screen. (The 3rd headphone set are for the front passenger).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Thank you ! I will check that there are two headphones (or three) and good to know about the remote. Much appreciated.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No worries Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

The pre adblue spare wheel plate will fit a D5, I had one on my 15 plate D4 then it's been on both 18 & 20my D5's. Your new purchase should in theory have the LR supplied plate which was fitted mid 18my and retrofitted to all cars in field. My dealer went to fit it on my 18my car and then gave me it in the cardboard box as the tech said the RLD plate that I already had fitted was better than the LR one. My current 20my has both as it saved me removing the LR plate and finding somewhere to store it. The LR plate is probably better than a bit of cling film but not much in terms of stopping wheels being stolen. Laughing

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

One way to be sure the software is up to date is to make sure Apple Carplay and Android Auto are present.

That appeared along the way and was available for MY17 as well.

If it's not there then insist they get it working.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Thanks again to everyone! Have noted everything!
  • LR Max
    United States 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Just.Check.EVERYTHING.

I've got a 2019 HSE LUX and it seems like many things were inoperable when I bought it.

Examples:
    -INOP folding headrest
    -INOP USB charging port
    -Door misalignment
    -Seat belt latch not latching

On the rear entertainment system, check beforehand if those items are there. My D5 came with the activity key (if you like trail running, these are FANTASTIC) from the factory but it was missing when I got the car. The dealer had an attitude of, "oh well".

Also if you got a diesel, there is a special funnel, part number LR073691 (google that to see what it looks like). Once again, missing. I went ahead and replaced it, but I would recommend checking and getting one before you have a problem. FYI from an aftermarket parts dealer in the UK, they are super cheap. So not a big deal.

So yes, before you take delivery, get you a little 12v light and a USB light (remember those from 2005?? hahahaha) and just plug it into every aux socket in the car to check if they work. I've had this car for a year and a half and I'm still finding USB sockets that don't work.

Check that every folding seat works and headrest fold works. Do it both from the main screen at the front of the car and the local switches.

I complain about the little things but overall this car is better than I deserve.
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Thank you Max! I will check everything you've mentioned!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum