Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GreenLane
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Water in Rear Light Cluster ??????

I often had a little moisture in my D4 headlights, and the dealer said it was normal and to ignore - I did, and all seemed ok during ownership.

My, new to me, D5 seems to have a particularly alarming amount of moisture - in just on of the rear clusters. If it was matched across both, I might assume it was environmental... but just being in one, I'm thinking there's an issue.

Can anyone shed any light (excuse the pun) on this particular issue? Image attached.

• GreenLane
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

To update on this.

The light unit is 100% faulty. It's now flickering on and off / dimming on and off.

I've fallen foul of LR build quality AGAIN.

Does anyone know of this issue and will it be covered by Approved Used warranty?
  • Domi409
    France 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Hello,
    I had the same issue on my 2017 Disco5.
    LR sells the unit 500 euros about, too much to go for that solution without a try to repair.

By the inside, we can access 2 screws and one connector to remove the unit.
    I did a small hole on the black part (not visible from outside) at low point on the back of the unit.
    Then drained the water out and let the unit dry (there is some electronics inside).

The unit is made in two parts, the outside and the inside. They are soldered together and I suspect that it could crack when the two screws are over tighted. I then put silicon join all around on the link between the two parts and on the hole I made. The repair can't be seen from outside.

So far so good.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

I had this issue, LR replaced under warranty no problem.Get it fixed sooner rather than later as the water ingress started interfering with front light electrics.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum