Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Anyone else irritated by this Land Rover ad on LinkedIn?

So this bugs me... Land Rover seems to have zero desire to build Discovery vs other models in their range right now. It's a model clearly not being prioritised for build slots & semi-conductors, yet this ad KEEPS being served to me in LinkedIn on an almost daily basis now for two weeks...

And I know that LinkedIn advertising is expensive...! So they are pouring money into this!

My point is the header 'Start your adventure today' is misleading! Unless the adventure is getting any kind of proactive updates from your dealer.................

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • eelpout
    United States 

my dealer is annoyed as we are about no Disco love and the parts problem, slow to EV change adoption etc.

But they keep selling Defenders like crazy so they are happy enough.

I'm going to put in an order now for a 2024 Disco even though no one yet knows what that means just to get a place in line.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

forever the optimist ! I would order a Defender as well just in case as the plug may be pulled on the Discovery before that and you cant swap build slots.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Re: Anyone else irritated by this Land Rover ad on LinkedIn?

Popsdosh wrote:
    forever the optimist ! I would order a Defender as well just in case as the plug may be pulled on the Discovery before that and you cant swap build slots

what?! and downgrade?!?

Very Happy
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

your are taking a punt on there will be a Discovery by then! not sure I would be that optimistic as I can see it being dropped to allow defender production.
  • Metro
    United Kingdom 

Dropped to allow defender production ? Ask the people on the waiting list - it’s happening now.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

fully aware of that!!!! but I can see the day very soon when the Discovery is binned all together
  • eelpout
    United States 

there was that article last year about them doing a rethink on the Discovery itself and maybe dumping the Disco Sport. I'm hoping that is still in the cards.

https://www.motor1.com/news/602954/2025-la...y-details/

I dunno. if I wanted a Defender that's what I'd buy, but I've done the vehicle with a swing door and outside tire thing, Twice, a Nissan Pathfinder and then an Isuzu Trooper. It was a PIA both times. Not sure I want another.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum