Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

2019/2020 Model Differences

I'm just looking at a couple of vehicles and one's a 2019 model year and the other's 2020 so I was just wondering if there were any differences please?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • Beancounter_74
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Here's the 2019 Brochure
    https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/...019-UK.pdf

And here's the 2020 one
    https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/...020-UK.pdf

I think the 2020 has the new central 'ipad' style screen amongst other things.

Happy reading Very Happy
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Thank you bean counter.

I started this pretty laborious and tedious task the other day on my phone which wasn't the smartest move.

From what I can see so far, some of the images have changed but the content is almost identical.
    There seems to be some differences in the Infotainment section which about to start on.

If anyone has already undergone this highly rewarding task, please do share your findings ASAP please.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

The ipad style Pivipro came with face-lift which is 21my, also new steering wheel/gear shift. Production of 21my started at the end of 2020, circa end Nov/beginning Dec. I have a 20my pre face-lift which was built early Nov2020 and is one of the very last pre face-lift cars built. From memory there is no significant difference 19 to 20my, the last of the 20my cars had alot of options fitted as LR were getting rid of the parts which couldn't be used on 21my due to new electrical architecture, mine was a stock car and was fitted with 10k + of options.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

That's great information, thank you.
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

Talking of options though, it seems pretty difficult to find a 2019/20 Dynamic HSE Lux with HUD and 360 cameras.
    If I tried to find a car with adaptive dynamics as well, it would be sporting a single multicoloured horn!!!
  • Beancounter_74
    United Kingdom 

I managed to get one with HUD, on my 'must have' list, but not the camera's which were on my 'nice to have' list

Add in adaptive dynamics and I think as you say, finding all three is challenging.....
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

Pre-defender, alot of discovery's were built as dealer stock cars, dealers would only order specs they knew they could easily shift so there were alot of HSE with a few popular options and Landmarks. A dynamic Lux with the options you are looking for would be unlikely to have been a stock build so would have been a specific customer build, when new, a car to that spec would be sitting at a price point within RR /Sport territory, so unless a customer specifically wanted the 7 seats would probably have gone RR or Sport. Good luck with your search, I think it could well be a long one.

• Beancounter_74
    United Kingdom 

I managed to get one with HUD, on my 'must have' list, but not the camera's which were on my 'nice to have' list

Add in adaptive dynamics and I think as you say, finding all three is challenging.....
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I think that adaptive dynamics was standard after 2019 (when it was tweaked with the touch buttons on the steering wheel).

Jon

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

I'm not sure it was as it's still listed as an option in the 2019 and 2020 brochures.

It would have been great if it was though.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

When Disco 5 was originally conceived it was given the task of replacing both Disco 4 and the original Defender and was pitched as LR for families, leaving RR to take luxury mantle and RR Sport to take the sporty mantle. With launch of new Defender, Disco 5 was slightly repositioned as a family sporty LR in preparation for Sport and RR moving to the new platform. Adaptive dynamics became std at 21my with the face-lift Disco 5.

• Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

Useful information, thank you.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

The Pivi pro and new surround cameras are big features. If I had the choice I would go for a vehicle with these. Although I much prefer the piano black/Aluminium central console & rotary gear selector of my older model to the grey plastic and gear lever on the newer one.
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

I must admit, I really like the gearstick in the new FL models.
    Much better than the dial IMO.

The piano black does look good though and don't know if you can get that or not on the new version?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum